AG915 News

HeliSwede

Aircraft
R44/22, Bell206L1, Hughes 300C, AirCommand, McCulloch J-2, AG Calidus, Magni M24
Total Flight Time
I've been shopping for a large SXS gyro for my Cessna 182 partner and got this email message from Alvaro today, ref Airgyro AG915 Sales and Support.

"Michael,

For now we are not getting orders, Airgyro Aviation will invest and create a better support network and support centers by the end of the year. If you are not in a hurry by the end of November 2021, we will be able to provide full local support direct from the manufacture, 2 years USA warranty or 100 hours on all composite and aluminum parts.

Let me know if you have more questions,

Alvaro"

There were some issues discussed over on Facebook in the PRA group over the weekend. Almost the same thing happening with Tango as well....

So what is going on? Are they expanding or going under? Chinese buy them?

I wish them luck. To be a manufacturer you have to take your own destiny in your own hands for the most part. Getting reliable professional and reasonable partners is not easy. The only major things we use partners for are engine, avionics, prop and rotors. Avionics and prop have thankfully multiple choices if your selected partners start acting up. Stuck with Rotax for the engine like most of us and thankfully Averso is a well proven and reliable supplier for rotors without any egos to feed.
Manufacturing of things like aircraft is not easy and everyone who has really never done it thinks they can do better, cheaper and faster and it never works. Its a constant hustle and there are constant problems to solve. As they say, grass always looks greener on the other side.

Last edited:
The AG915 looks like a nice gyro and I have talked with the owner of one in Olathe, KS and builder assist in TX, but without a "real" established dealership/support center in the USA like Silverlight and AutoGyro, I could not recommend my friend pursue a purchase of the AG915, but to just stick with his Cessna for now. He's 6'6" 270lbs, zero Gyro time, high time Fixed Wing and really likes his 4 seats, large luggage capacity and 135kts x-country C182. Most all of the heli and FW pilots I know would be much more interested in a Gyroplane if they could fly one, buy one and get training at the same dealer center and within a few days or weeks time frame.

The AG915 looks like a nice gyro and I have talked with the owner of one in Olathe, KS and builder assist in TX, but without a "real" established dealership/support center in the USA like Silverlight and AutoGyro, I could not recommend my friend pursue a purchase of the AG915, but to just stick with his Cessna for now. He's 6'6" 270lbs, zero Gyro time, high time Fixed Wing and really likes his 4 seats, large luggage capacity and 135kts x-country C182. Most all of the heli and FW pilots I know would be much more interested in a Gyroplane if they could fly one, buy one and get training at the same dealer center and within a few days or weeks time frame.
The problem with deciding which gyroplane to buy before you learn to fly a gyroplane is you don’t know what features you want.

A good flight instructor can make any gyroplane seem fine.

I recommend learning to fly a gyroplane and then flying as many different gyroplanes as practical before making a decision.

In my opinion it will be money and time well spent.

Fortunately a second hand gyroplane holds its value well so even if you make the wrong decision it is not very expensive to correct it.