AG Nav/Strobes

Rick E

Aircraft
Cavalon and an MTO Sport
Total Flight Time
Quite a lot of us here in Oz are having trouble with the AG Nav/Strobes. Just wondering if owners in the US are also experiencing problems with AG Nav/strobes working intermittently and at times not at all?

Mine are the best part of the Cavalon!! 🤣😁

I know one MTO pilot that had a bad strobe due to loose ground. Found it when he was replacing with a new one. You might check that.

I don't have an AG, but I have noticed that the strobe on my right side now flashes less frequently and intensely than the one on my left side. Any ideas?

I don't have an AG, but I have noticed that the strobe on my right side now flashes less frequently and intensely than the one on my left side. Any ideas?

That sort of sounds like a voltage issue - if there's a bad wire on the way to it, it could have higher resistance so the strobe is receiving less than a nice fat 12v. Time to break out the multimeter :)

While we are at it, I have a question.
My old MTO was not born with nav/strobes.
But there is an open connector near the mast.
Anyone know what name connector and maybe the pinout?
I have already bought the Aveo Powerburst Daylite set.
They are LED and a third the price of AG.

Turn signal left on? We are all getting older . . .

(Sorry, couldn't resist)