AG-1 - N141C - Virginia - power lines - 6th May 2018

That is good news Steve; thank you for sharing it.

Barry is one irrepressible pilot.

This sort of mishap would discourage many people.

Vance - I don’t think Barry remembered anything after the shock from the power lines.

Ha, you should add electrical shock therapy to your training to help students too. Would be better than slap in the back of their helmet.

Forgot to disable the rotor brake on take off... zapp! Never do it again....

Congrats Barry! Fly safe. Look forward to you visiting Denver so I can get a ride in the AR-1! I’d like to fly around the Rocky Mountains. There are a few gyro pilots hiding at the Frontier airport...

I do not understand the "Electrical Shock" part.
Birds land on power lines all the time without any sensation.
The cable must have broken on the upstream power side of the circuit as it wrapped around the Prop or the two guys that extracted him would have been electrocuted.
The rotor might also have shorted the power cables causing the upstream fuses to blow.
In either case, power was quickly disabled and no one should have been shocked.

If the cable was deflected by the windscreen, the major point of contact would have been at the mast and under the Rotor.
I would expect the cable to wrapped around the Rotor Mast.
It was behind the mast and wrapped around the Prop.
Very strange.

CGameProgrammer;n1133399 said:
Actually I think it is slower. I seem to see 700 fpm when descending vertically which is 8 mph but a Cirrus under a chute is said to descend at 15 mph.

I'd like to know what you are flying. My Magni does a vertical descent at about 1600 fpm, which is about 18mph.

DavePA11;n1135164 said:
Fog can also form unexpectedly along the coast with the right conditions even after being sunny in the morning. Watch the dew point and forecasted temperature changes. I had fog form all around me once flying down the coast of Maine one afternoon last summer after beautiful sunny morning. Oddest weather event I have encountered. It cleared up just as fast.

Dave, do you remember what the wind direction was when that happened?