Aeronautical quiz?

helicopter ed

helicopter ed
Aircraft
Gyrochopper1/Air Comm. single/AC side by side/AC tandem. All powered by Subaru EA-81 100 HP
Total Flight Time
4000+ all rotorcraft.
Aeronautical Quiz
They say it is common sense but here is a Clue: Just remember that a helicopter's blade (in cross-section) is shaped like an airplane’s wing, and both catch air giving lift..now answer the question.... This should be an easy quiz for those who have even a modicum of knowledge about aircraft. However, the answer may surprise you. The Question:

"What is the primary advantage of rotary-winged aircraftover fixed-winged aircraft?"

Attachments

Aussie_Paul

A reforming stirrer!!!!!
Aircraft
None at the moment.
Total Flight Time
Since 1982 Gyro 5000+ mostly instructing, and approx. 200 fixed wing in the late 1960s.
You are a bad man Ed!!!!! BUT I love it.

Aussie Paul. :)

scandtours

scandtours
Aircraft
Bensen,Brock, Parsons Tandem
No ED
You are not a bad man at all.
She has really nice shoe heels.

Arnie Madsen

Aircraft
Bell 47 G2
bad - bad - bad Helicopter Ed .... the one time in my life I shaved my legs and put on a dress and jumped in a helicopter ..... wouldnt 'ya know it the friggin photographers and wind gusts just happened to be there too.

Get your eyes off the a$$ and take a look at that left hand .... that aint no girl !!!!!!!!!!

Made everybody look again .... right .... !!!!!!!!

love 'ya all ..... hey Helicopter Ed Alderfor .... very nice writeup you made about Wing Commander Ken Wallis ... thank you sir.

Arnie

Blue Chips

Aircraft
Brantly B2 N5911X
Total Flight Time
878 Brantly Helicopter 756 various fixed wing.
Just because you like it or just because I may like it does not make it appropriate, it's crude and completely inappropriate, also shows a great deal about how so many consider nothing but their own these days.
The way many people on this forum throw around vulgarity masking it with $#%^^ etc, mentioning private body parts and immoral innuendos on a public forum is very telling of how they live, talk and think then dump that with out thought or consideration of others on a public forum.

The fact that our moderators inaction seem to show they are on board with this trash makes one wonder if we have the right moderators at all.

I'm too old to be offended by it but not too old to just be tired of it.

No limits on trash as long as you don't talk politics I guess.

scandtours

scandtours
Aircraft
Bensen,Brock, Parsons Tandem
Just because you like it or just because I may like it does not make it appropriate, it's crude and completely inappropriate, also shows a great deal about how so many consider nothing but their own these days.
The way many people on this forum throw around vulgarity masking it with $#%^^ etc, mentioning private body parts and immoral innuendos on a public forum is very telling of how they live, talk and think then dump that with out thought or consideration of others on a public forum.

The fact that our moderators inaction seem to show they are on board with this trash makes one wonder if we have the right moderators at all.

I'm too old to be offended by it but not too old to just be tired of it.

No limits on trash as long as you don't talk politics I guess.
Come on guys, have a little bit sense of humor. I don't understand what kind of show is this.
Thanks for the..... preaching anyhow.

Last edited:

GA Rotor Guy

Aircraft
Single Dominator
Just for fun... Might be a bit tuff to join the 'mile high club' in a helo... without a third person to fly it.... <grin>

bryancobb

Aircraft
Owned Brantly B-2b/Fly Kitfox III/Mini-500b
Total Flight Time
What friggin P L A N E T are some of you guys from???? Did you ever happen to be in an aircraft maintenance bay and take a gander at the 19 year old hotties on the Snap-On Tools calendar??? Sheesh!! Get a life!

WHY

Gold Member
Aircraft
Ercoupe and Cessna 150, 152, 172, 140, Aeronca,7ac, Citabria,Chief,Piper PA11,PA12
Total Flight Time
Now if that had been 240 lbs of flab and cellulite, it would have been offensive in anything less than a full length overcoat, but as it is, wish I could design a fuselage that looked that good :)

Tony

Blue Chips

Aircraft
Brantly B2 N5911X
Total Flight Time
Interesting Bryan, makes me wonder what kind of life you have.
Those calendars were handed out and received by acceptance.
Something for you to think about, not where you're coming from but where you're going that matters Bryan.

What friggin P L A N E T are some of you guys from???? Did you ever happen to be in an aircraft maintenance bay and take a gander at the 19 year old hotties on the Snap-On Tools calendar??? Sheesh!! Get a life!

bryancobb

Aircraft
Owned Brantly B-2b/Fly Kitfox III/Mini-500b
Total Flight Time
Just an average life

Just an average life

...makes me wonder what kind of life you have...
I'm just your average red-blooded male. Go to church on Sunday mornings but don't over-do the religion thing. I have a conscience but a libido too...:)

EI-GYRO

21st Century Crankhandler
Is that what they mean by HOT re-fuelling??

Actually, the demure damsel originally was in possession of a pair of knickers,
admittedly tiny ones. Photoshop took care of that problem.

Get a life before you die.

BEN S

Aircraft
Sportcopter Vortex "light"
Total Flight Time
200+
Being perturbed by nudity or vulgar bleeped out words on the internet is akin to voting twice for Obama and then being distressed by his handling of foreign affairs like Syria.

Blue, are you aware the computer automatically changes words like **** and **** to asterisks? So in actuality without that filter, these peoples messages would be EVEN MORE HORRIBLE!!!
Oh the humanity..........

Stan V

Aircraft
Piper Arrow/RAF2000
Total Flight Time
"What is the primary advantage of rotary-winged aircraft over fixed-winged aircraft?"
They allow you to hover. Did I get it right?.

Last edited:

Stan V

Aircraft
Piper Arrow/RAF2000
Total Flight Time
Get your eyes off the a$$ and take a look at that left hand .... that aint no girl !!!!!!!!!!
You got me, I had to look again. Those legs give it away, they are all female.

Last edited:

Blue Chips

Aircraft
Brantly B2 N5911X
Total Flight Time
Being perturbed by nudity or vulgar bleeped out words on the internet is akin to voting twice for Obama and then being distressed by his handling of foreign affairs like Syria.

Blue, are you aware the computer automatically changes words like **** and **** to asterisks? So in actuality without that filter, these peoples messages would be EVEN MORE HORRIBLE!!!
Oh the humanity..........
Ben, generally you post are good ones but the first paragraph here is escaping my logic.
Anyway...........
You can be sure I'm not losing a moments sleep over this so knock yourselves out of posting what ever it is you want, it's your life.

Notice how today that anyone with a decent approach to communicating on a public forum is now in the minority and Bryan even claims we are from a different planet :D
What was perverted is now accepted, what was wrong is now right, hang on to your hats guys some of you are a part of making a great new world for your kids.

Stan V

Aircraft
Piper Arrow/RAF2000
Total Flight Time
hang on to your hats guys some of you are a part of making a great new world for your kids
I object, you calling our children, kids. I didn't raise no billy goats. I was raised with a sense of humor and so were my children.

Blue Chips

Aircraft
Brantly B2 N5911X
Total Flight Time
I object, you calling our children, kids. I didn't raise no billy goats. I was raised with a sense of humor and so were my children.

You object, :D that gave me a chuckle Stan V

BEN S

Aircraft
Sportcopter Vortex "light"
Total Flight Time
200+
Blue, I worked for years with the greatest man I've ever known. He is 73 years old. He says that life is like a cattle chute (he was a cowboy). His generation was born out on the praire open and free, except around the edges where there was barbed wire. But each successive generation is born closer and closer to the stock pens. He says my generation was born right out side the pens, but that both my boys were born in the chute. As that is all they have ever known they don't know what they are missing.
This of course was a conversation on politics and freedom, but it applies here as well. You had bemoaned a way of life that has faded away since I was born, and as for my sons, well it just simply doesn't exist for them at all.
How unacceptable do you suppose your behavior in life would have been to some one 200 years ago?
Its a matter of perspective, thats all. Heck, The bible has all kinds of lacivious passages and its WAY older than that!

Stan V

Aircraft
Piper Arrow/RAF2000
Total Flight Time
This would make a great poster for us perverted old men!