Aeroflash spare bulbs

rcflier

Aircraft
Auto-Gyro MTO Sport 914
Total Flight Time
Hi.
I have seen a nice offer on a set of Aeroflash Nav/Strobe lights. Complete with power source for the strobes.
But I also read, that Aeroflash doesn't exist anymore.... would it be possible to buy nav and strobe bulb/tube as spare parts from some other source?
Because my gyro hasn't any lights and the price is tempting.

TIA

Cheers
Erik

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(2) Air Commands, (1) Barnett, (1) Parsons modified 2 place, (1) Beechcraft Sundowner
Total Flight Time
Aeroflash beacons are not strobes, and as Jeff say's they are a standard Halogen lamp and quite pricy as I recall. For homebuilt aircraft use, I believe we used standard auto back up bulbs "1156 ??" or 1157, one might be amber. I have a box of Aeroflash components from back in my FBO days.
Aeroflash Corp.,was located in Chicago I went there several times. When they mounted there beacons on the Robinson R22, they didn't last very long. Aeroflash came out with a mount that had a silicone red "diaphragm" that floated the reflector / bulb assembly. It cured the problem if I recall correctly. It might be of help to a high vibration gyro or helo.

rcflier

Aircraft
Auto-Gyro MTO Sport 914
Total Flight Time
Thank you guys. Great help. Especially for those that have those lights already.

I was however "led" in another direction by our Chief of Materials:

Surfacemounted LED's that stand up to vibration and uses less power. And not that expensive.

So I'll buy those instead.

Cheers
Erik