Aerobatics in a gyro

Re: Aerobatics in a gyro

Actually it is of some advantage for everyone here to read these discussions Ron.<br><br>Your parpicitaion here gives the readers another benchmark of thought process and flying habits to use for comparison purposes when learning the rules of safety and common sense to be used in their own flying.<br><br>Once again allow me to qualify my comments regarding aerobatic training, just for our readers to use for comparative purposes  when deciding which of us may be closer to the truth.<br><br>I  received my first aerobatic training in Fort Collins Colorado in1959 as part of an aerial application training course. Today when training already licensed commercial pilots to upgrade their skills I include basic aerobatic manouvers as part of a course called " high command control " which is just another name for recovery from unusual attitude training.<br><br>Here are some interesting facts regarding the skills difficulty comparisons between several of the basic manouvers when training someone without previous aerobatic experience.<br><br>Common errors in each manouver are as follows....( Note: these are not my findings, they are facts. )<br><br>Aileron roll....common errors.. 8<br><br>Loop.............common errors.. 9<br><br>Snap Roll......common errors.. 7<br><br>Barrel roll.....common errors...4<br><br>So Ron you may some day live to realize that non licensed low time pilots who train themselves thinking that it is simple will either get lucky... or in your case I hope your family does not have to look for those big balls to identify your remains if you lawn dart in some day.<br><br>Think about it.<br><br>Chuck E.

C'mom Chuck lets stay with it!<br>I feel like, by all the knowledge gathered in this almost 3 years, I can take off in a gyro, with a little practice and a supporting pilot.<br>That is what I feel, not the thruth . . .<br>Am I going to try it? Not likely!<br>I was part of my HIgh School acrobatic team and some of the guys just see a movement and go do it while others have to practice the fundamentals for that move.<br>There is training for the coordination of brain activities and limb response, in our case stick and machine response (that thing of bee one with it)<br>After flying enough Ron decided that he could try out a maneuver and went for it successfully without any training or fundamentals practice. How many did the same and got in trouble? Never know . . . <br>It has been said that aerobatics were born in the I World War and those pilots did not have any training in it and had to go for the gut feelings to save their butts.<br>The main point here is: there are levels of flying in any pilot and responses in any person, we participate by listening, teaching and asking more if needed.<br>Some of us will go for it and the consequences could be many, including the bad ones.<br>Ron or any other here can say whatever they want and I am going to do what I perceived as right (I could be wrong) and some other guy with skills different than mine will do someting else and get away with it or not . . .<br>Again . . .should aerobatics die slowly for lack of improvement or should pilots look for and edge after the edge?<br>Was Waldo Pepper a fool or a highly skilled pilot that got sick and stuck in a mary-go-round of fantasy?<br>Thanks<br>Heron

Ron:<br><br>Here is my last comment regarding this subject.<br><br>Two quotes from you in your last posts.<br><br>You said the following after doing self taught aerobatics...<br><br><br>Quote:<br>----------------------------------------------------------------------<br> "The biggest skill is how to walk straight with them big balls in the way"<br><br>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>Then you went on to say in your last post..<br><br>Quote:<br><br>-----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>" My instructor will openly admit I am a far better pilot than he is the moment we first flew."<br><br>------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>Now that in my opinion is self agrandisement at its finest.<br><br>Never have I stated that I am a better pilot than anyone else....and you know it...<br><br>My comments were posted based on the safety issues surrounding good airmanship and receiving proper training. These statements were posted for anyone reading them to examine and think about.<br><br>To this point in time I do not see anyone taking issue with the need for proper training and the obvious benefit of receiving same.<br><br>Its been interesting debating with you Ron...but I guess I have not gotten the message through to you that I was trying to.<br><br>Chuck E.<br><br>

howdy again all,<br>I am speechless.  I asked a question about the physics involved, piloting technique, and aircraft design.  What did I get, four pages of four guys talking trash to each other......oh well, at least there were some funny comebacks.<br><br>Fly Army,<br><br>Vince Rodgers

Hoss-Fly:<br><br>You should have been on Norms site some years ago when there were real serious disagreements. ;D<br><br>This stuff is just low grade entertainment.  ;D<br><br>Oh by the way, how did you find the Middle East culture?<br><br>Chuck E.

Hi Al . . .cleaning up the old trunk,hu?<br>I still have that pic and laugh everytime I bump in to it . . .<br>heheheheheheh<br>thanks<br>Heron<br>Ron and Chuck . . .enough already!

Mr. Ellsworth,<br>Didn't get to experience the culture too much as I was either seeing it from behind the razor wire of an army camp or from the chin bubble of my helicopter. <br><br>Fly Army<br><br>Vince Rodgers<br><br>

I was unfortunate enough to have lost an engine on departure from Jeddah several yoars ago. We had landed Jeddah for fuel due to the problems with restrickted airspace coming out of Africa.<br><br>I took seven months and three trips living there for extended periods to get the machine out of Saudia Arabia.<br><br>I came home with a whole different outlook on how lucky we are to live in our culture and country.<br><br>Chuck

<br>I was either seeing it from behind the razor wire of an army camp or from the chin bubble of my helicopter.
<br><br>Funny. I always envied the Army aviators that hauled me to and from my camp... they got to fly every day, and I was grounded until my tour was over. On the other hand, I got to live a lot closer to the people, for good or for ill. (I also never had to haul Geraldo and his entourage around either!) It never occurred to me that there were things in my life they might have envied.<br><br><br>cheers<br><br>-=K=-