adding a new topic list name:GYROGLIDER

nikhil138

HI WEBMASTER
can u please add gyro glider as a new topic so that some knowledge would be shared
thank u

Guests can use the search function can't they?

Why do we need a "gyroglider" section? There aren't any on the market, nor flown to date.....right?

Sorry, just don't see the need.

Hi Jon

I'm guessing he wants a thread on gliders because he sees them as a means of a "little" trainning in a country where there are no CFI, might be good for the rotor business !!!!

Tony

Nikhil, you could use the Bensen Style section for gyroglider posts, as almost all gyrogliders
are Bensen designs.

You MUST read the Bensen instruction manual carefully before attempting flight in a gyroglider.

#4 - Wrong. Still instructing on mine.
#5 - A gyro-glider is the best initial training you can have. If more students began on gliders (with proper instruction) there’d be less blade bending coz they’d know how to handle their rotors before they get onto power.
#8 - It still is Jens!

Old fashioned, yes. Obsolete, no.

Attachments

• DSC00975.jpg
    DSC00975.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 2
Hi Shirley

Glad to hear the glider is still being used somewhere. Have never used one though, wondered if a glider had ever been tried with a HS to see how they responded to control input even though a HS is not necessary for PIO on a glider still wonder if it would influence or cause a different "feel" in flight ????

Tony

Does anyone know of a case where a glider had a small two stroke engine mounted down on the mast (maybe about seat high) that could pre-rotate the blades to get a longer flight by getting off earlier ????

Tony

Rotormouse;376777#5 - A gyro-glider is the best initial training you can have. If more students began on gliders (with [I said:
proper[/I] instruction) there’d be less blade bending coz they’d know how to handle their rotors before they get onto power.

Old fashioned, yes. Obsolete, no.

I fully agree with you! If I had my way, a dual gyro-glider would be required for the first phase of flight training. I would like a glider to have an electric pre-rotator for at least an inital use in training.

Last edited:
Hi Ed

I kind of agree, my thoughts on a gas powered pre-rotor (down on the mast so as not to change the balance of the head) is that it would add the feature of learning how to use a pre-rotor to the training , start out with hand start and work up the rpm to above flap speed and once you have this mastered then start using the pre-rotor to get that experience, and probably double the flight time with quicker take off's. Valuable training at a lower costs, especially if you have good experienced drivers on the tow vehicle

Tony

Ahhh Sooooo

Tony

We've been doing glider training in our chapter #4 for more than 30 years.I give it to anyone who joins the club.We charge $10 for 10 miles.And it is a great way to learn rotor management,when taugh right.Lots of fun for the first time flyer.
Don

Hey Don

Do you guys have any radio communications that you use between the glider and the car/truck driver ????

gyro glider

gyro glider

I get a few calls each year from people wanting me to build them a glider or make some parts for one so there is still some interest in them. if there is enough wind you can stay up for hours and not burn any fuel, it is quite simple to drive a prerotator from the wheels.

Glider to Bensen thread ??

Glider to Bensen thread ??

Hello to All

Since this is about the Bensen style glider , lets move this down to the Bensen thread ??

Tony