Addicted to gyros.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. GT-VX1&2, Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Having been brought up in an aviation environment as a child, it was fairly inevitable as a career. Been there done that.

Sampling the different characteristics of the various flying machines a lifelong itch.

Have happily added two more gyro types experienced this month.

Greg Spicola, an old hanger mate acquaintance from way back, now operates as a gyro instructor from Tampa North Airpark FLA.

Have has the pleasure with him of sampling flying the American Ranger and the ELA Eclipse last Friday

His Instructional technique is first rate, and that, from a US Instructor, from the 60’s, my first profession in aviation, a US I & II.

Had a grand time sampling two very different flying machines.

Enjoyed both immensely, and very happy that both confirmed my preference for a single seat gyro as flying pleasure.

We all look for different expectations, different wishes from the machine we seek out. Luckily the field we can choose from is opening out with lots of choice.

I like agility, responsiveness, but want to be able to go places a little futher afield than 30 mins away, or an hour in any one direction.

With Denis working on it.

Last edited:
Leigh: With your desire for longer range than one hour, will you be going w/ the Rotax 582 2-stroke, like Denis flys, w/ lots of fuel capacity, or, going w/ the 912 option Denis is rumored to be developing, w/ 4-stroke fuel economy?

Denis Shoemaker's kit-gyro website:

Last edited:
Well financially neither of the two seaters. And happy to say, that although both were fine flying machines I remain more attracted to single seat.

The problem as I see with a 582 with bigger tanks is overloading. A 912/4 stroke fuel economy with the extra grunt to carry a bit more fuel would seem a win win.

Watching the performance of Roy Davis’s machine is a sight to behold, the fact that is in the hands of a master aviator an added bonus.

Denis is a master craftsman and his work a fine example of precision engineering, so it would be my guess that a 912 on his build would be a pretty potent combination

Last edited: