Accident Airgyro Aviation AG-915 Spartan , 27 Sep 2022

I don't like to post rummers but would like to get this one confirmed if anyone knows.

Is there any report of where they found the body?

I was told today that Kevin's body was thrown out of and found away from the aircraft.
The helper found it odd because Kevin had 4 point seat belts.
He suggests that Kevin may have undone it as if to jump away from the fire or smoke in the Cabin.

In a pusher generally till you have airspeed, the fire should be being shoved backwards till you slowdown. In a 915, shutting down the fuel pumps very quickly would stop the fuel supply to the fuel rail. Like in a second or two. Was the fire in the engine bay or in the cabin? Was there a master to take everything cold in the wiring in the cabin?

In a pusher generally till you have airspeed, the fire should be being shoved backwards till you slowdown. In a 915, shutting down the fuel pumps very quickly would stop the fuel supply to the fuel rail. Like in a second or two. Was the fire in the engine bay or in the cabin? Was there a master to take everything cold in the wiring in the cabin?
We only know that it was reported on fire by a witness on the ground.
We know it was found burnt after the crash.
I can answer the master switch for the engine and fuel pumps are located on the cabin ceiling.
And the main master switch on the console is a key-like switch that turns off everything.

Last edited:
It is not uncommon for witnesses to report crashing aircraft on fire when they aren't. Some sort of expectation bias, apparently, possibly re-inforced by there having been a post-crash fire.

I am not a high time xenon / zen 1 pilot ( circa 800 hours that on type) I tinker a lot.
I have found a correctly wrapped exhaust has had no negative effects at all ( not the turbo) I have no data on engine bay heat and will only say in the hot SA conditions with a correctly placed inter cooler and oil cooler she runs cool with no overheating issues in fact CH temps in my case seldom see above 80c
Reading what the titanium wrap is supposed to do I would rather have it
Leaving the exhaust unwrapped will dissipate the heat better. The wrapped turbo runs 100's of degrees hotter. Cooks the oil when shut down.

Leaving the exhaust unwrapped will dissipate the heat better. The wrapped turbo runs 100's of degrees hotter. Cooks the oil when shut down.
Wrapping the exhaust will allow the engine to run cooler as the hotter gasses in the header pipes will purge faster ..we don’t wrap anything on the turbo or after it.
Here it is again on the motorcycle, there are those who question it’s feasibility and there are us who ride / fly on engine instruments not what we think the engine bay is doing, I am uncertain if it is a fact that it runs cooler? I am going on what I have read and seen on a race track as well as what I see in the engine bay of many muscle cars and bikes. There are arguments for both with or without

Attachments

• 49902F2B-7536-4B38-B521-000544B0ABAD.jpeg
    49902F2B-7536-4B38-B521-000544B0ABAD.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 12