Abid, Greg - Silverlight Aviation - Recommendation

jimilton

Aircraft
Apollo AG-1
I recently spent a few days at Silverlight Aviation for the builder assist completion of my Apollo AG-1.

I would like to recommend Abid, Greg and team to anyone who is considering getting into gyros and especially to anyone who, like me, is completely new to flying, and owning, an aircraft. Their knowledge and support makes what might otherwise be an intimidating experience anything but.

The gyro is a beautiful machine and I couldn't be more happy with it. Between them Greg and Abid explained the reason for and the operation of every aspect of the machine that I could think to ask about.

I also had daily flight instruction with Greg. Greg is superb instructor and I loved every lesson. His excellent reputation is already well known and I'd like to add my recommendation. I look forward my future lessons.

In short, if you're thinking of getting into gyros contact Abid.

Thanks Abid and Greg.

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
Welcome James

Welcome James

to the exciting world of gyros! :first:

Congratulations on your build & lessons ... you are well served by a great & highly professional team!

I look forwards to getting a fly of the AR1 / Apollo one day soon ... it's one of the few " new-gen/Eurogyro" tandem's I've not experienced yet!

Hope you share lots of pictures of your build & more detailed impressions of your gyro - journey here!

:welcome:

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
3600+ .. New to gyroplanes
James gyro was airworthied today. James works for Boeing and had to leave to design more wiring harnesses for big iron so I acted as his airworthiness agent.
Congrats to also Nick Paras on his build. Nick was here tonight. We also airworthied a SLSA trike and an Experimental AB taildragger airplane with 912iS, touch screen EFIS, ADSB-IN-OUT and auto-pilot.

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
Also a couple of months back Barry Maggio flew his AG1 (N141C) from Florida up to Massachusetts

SandL

Aircraft
Bensen Merlin dragon wings Rotax 532
Total Flight Time
400hrs (4,000 instructional launches) gliding, 200 fixed wing, 100 gyro
looks real nice
and what a clean pannel, it looks empty ! maybe enough space to add a small analoge ASI as a back up in case the electric pannel fails.
nice looking machine, nice engine , nice build many congratulations

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
Yes may be a 2.25" analog backup ASI. There is an ASI and ALT in the back seat. There is also a canopy as this is a convertible gyro. It's in its summer mode here. There is a remote Trig mode S transponder controlled via touch screen EFIS and cabin heat in also.

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
James Hamilton's convertible gyro pic.

Attachments

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
Very nice Abid, you should put pics of the others also--Trike and tail-drager
Hey Paul:
Here is a picture of Delta Jet-II LITE trike. The cheaper version of our flagship model. A brand new Day VFR one like this is $47500 with Rotax 912ULS engine. The wing has electric trim and can cruise from 45 mph to 90 mph.
I don't have any good pics for the taildragger on my phone. I will get them soon. I used the German Oratex fabric that supposedly has UV resistant built in and does not need the silver and topcoat to save weight. It does save some weight but let me tell you I would never ever recommend this marvel of German engineering (NOT) to anyone again. Their tape glues are pathetic and do not stick well. I had to switch back to STITS tape glue process. The German company kept saying its the process and we are not doing it right somehow but yet could not tell me what we could be doing wrong. I think the STITS is still the best overall process there is for fabric covered aircraft.

Attachments

PanamaPaul

Aircraft
2 trikes,
Total Flight Time
200 +
Thanks Abid,
That is a really nice looking trike, I notice the large wheel pants, and was wondering, I have a set I got from Buddy yrs ago, and have large truff tires on the Magni, how do you think they mite work, or would I be asking for trouble ??

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
Thanks Abid,
That is a really nice looking trike, I notice the large wheel pants, and was wondering, I have a set I got from Buddy yrs ago, and have large truff tires on the Magni, how do you think they mite work, or would I be asking for trouble ??
Those wheel pants have large vertical fins. The purpose of those in a trike is usually to balance frontal side area with vertical stabilizing surface behind the hang point. This specially comes in play at higher speed maneuvering. I have been in situations in test flying trikes where I have gotten in uncontrollable Dutch roll while testing without these wheel pants at a fast speed and lost 1500 feet to recover control and come down to change my underwear.

In a Gyroplane of course we have a tail in the back so it's the area with the largest leverage but the wheel pants should not hurt at all.

AirCommandPilot

Just a fledgeling
Aircraft
Air Command Elite #003
Total Flight Time
I heard that there will be two AGs coming to Houston soon. Any news on that?

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
I heard that there will be two AGs coming to Houston soon. Any news on that?
I prefer to say very little till the fat lady sings but yes there are two orders from our dealers there and they will be AR-1 (US production). I am about to order engines for them this week.

Terry_Smith

Gyroplane Fan
Aircraft
Building a Sportcopter Vortex 582
Total Flight Time
3 - Some training and glider time
THAT is a stunning gyro! Ah, if I had the dough, and a place for her, THAT's the 2-place I wouldn't mind having! I especially like the convertible option. And with the one being designed that has the folding mast, and removable tail, I think it will be a huge success....

fara

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
THAT is a stunning gyro! Ah, if I had the dough, and a place for her, THAT's the 2-place I wouldn't mind having! I especially like the convertible option. And with the one being designed that has the folding mast, and removable tail, I think it will be a huge success....
One slot is for sale in first batch. A customer had health issues come up. Just in case.