a video of (ME) made possible by Tim Chick

Bob Simmons

Aircraft
582 air command elite/ upgraded
Total Flight Time
60 hours in gyro's
:p Hey Guys And Gals, gyro pilots, and future gyro pilots,
I just wanted to brag on myself a little bit. Its not birdy type of flying, but its me flying and now I am on the internet, too. I want to publicly thank Tim Chick for making this possible. I recommend him for any of this type of video service. He is now known as the (God Father Of Gyro Video).:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQOL3bTh7-g
Bob Simmons flying his gyro

Last edited:
Bob,
look good to me,put a few cows on the ground and Birdy would not have anything on you. The air looked like you could wring water out of it, nice and cool for flying?

Thanks for posting your flight and tell Sue she looked good too.

couple of observations...

First, in the beginning as he puts gas into it and he starts it, it looks like he is looking around alot - like it was someone elses gyro he was going to " borrow " ;) lol

Second, when he pull starts that engine, Bob is so big and strong, I think he scared that little Rotax into running!

Flying looked good, wish I could have been there!

I thought Bob's landings were real smooth. Hopefully I can get mine that smooth someday. Can't wait to fly with you Bob.

The flying looked great!

You know while watching this,I got to thinking, there are alot of people on youtube that have never seen a gyro before,and all these good videos being uploaded that show the fun of them and not the crashes are probably very well promoteing the sport more then we may know.

is there anyway to add to the end of the videos or to the info on the video.
something like for more info on gyroplanes go to ..and then have the links to the forum here and to the Pra website.

no telling how many new converts we might get.

just my thoughts. don' know if it can be done. but who knows.

youtube has all kinds of crash videos,I am personnaly glad to see some fun flying videos my self. keep uploading guys.

On the info in the Bensen Days videos I did put pra's web site address along with the forum's. I'll add it to the other's as well.

Tim, You're right on about it getting more exposure for gyros. I plan on adding more and more videos.

I would say guys like Shawn Adams and Dan Donley are the real "Godfathers" of the gyro videos. I've seen some videos from some others that are real good at it too. My goal is to flood youtube with gyro videos. There's got to be more people out there videotaping their flying. Where are you guys?

Tim I was suprised just how many helicopter videos are on youtube,some looked like some nice helicopter rides. then one took me by suprise,and was kind of sickning,it showed a lady get out of a R-44 after a ride and was saying how great the ride was,and they are filming a guy get out of the front seat, well this is all good until this guy not thinking throws his hands up,like on a carnavile ride. next you hear 2 twack sounds and see blood splatter the camera and the lady screaming. you can figure out what happened.
that was a video I could have done with out seeing, but in away it showed me how some people may do something stupid,and that when we set up to do rides we need to make a sign with a list of things NOT to do.
I do love seeing the good gyro videos on there now. got some good ones.

Tim,
I think that helicopter video was making the rounds on the internet and someone said it was staged and the guy did not get his hands in the blades. It was a fake and was made as a joke. Maybe someone else heard the same thing.

looked real and sounded real to me, but still makes me feel a sign showing things not to do is a good idea, when My business partner did a santa flight with the Hughes one time, the guy dressed as santa steped out on the skid step and threw his hand up to wave,Bill said his fingers where just inches from the spinning blades, luckily the guy was short and he didn't get his hand in the rotors. talk about little kids in therapy if they had seen that..aacckk

I like your passion and enthusiasm Bob, top stuff.:)

beat the odds and learn to fly a gyro

beat the odds and learn to fly a gyro

Thanks Birdy:p .........Someday, when i loose about 50 lbs:( , I would like to try your style of flying. My 582 just makes it with my 300lb weight. It only goes to show all the heavy weight guys out there, that there are aircraft that can carry you if you just give this gyro flying a try. Thanks everybody for being there for me. :)

I don't know wot length blades your flyn Bob, but i recon your machine would benifit greatly with another foot or two of blade.
Much more forgiven and will need less power to do the same things with lower AS.;)