A sincere thank you.

SWaRC

PRA Chapter 26
First and foremost I would like to thank you all who have attended Bensen Days 2014.
It has been a humbling experience serving people who come and visit us year after year.
I am also very grateful for the fact that you are all keeping this event accident and incident free as best as you can.
It is really important that we do conduct ourselves as professional as possible in our region of aviation that we do occupy, and leave a good impression on the people we come in contact with.
You are the ones who make the events successful and worth coming to. We have grown the event in the last two years into international status and the interest keeps growing with an unmeasurable pace.
We had such positive feedback from spectators from around the world that we had been invited to Europe to put up an event like Bensen Days but due to the logistical aspects of it this is obviously not something that is doable. Still it was nice to hear the appreciation people had towards the event. I am simply being taken back by the friendliness and the willingness of the volunteers during the event.
There was just so much energy, generosity and wanting to do something that I needed some time to soak it all up.
You Ladies and Gentlemen are top notch!!!!
I would like to thank Peach State and our Sister Chapter 62 showing up in large numbers again and volunteering their time to help running the contests and making the event go smoothly. All my Exes …from you know where….you guys are great! Thanks for coming over. Again Peach State has shown a big turn out and they have done a great work. Illinois had also shown their presence and we are all thankful for that.
Sorry about the Californian division not being able to pull the caravan idea together but maybe next year when everyone has more time to plan it could materialize itself.
I'd hate to even start thanking people by name because I know I will leave someone out and I’d feel bad about it so I will just keep it as a general “thank ya’ll” for now.
Despite the on and off rain and fronts blowing through several times I feel that you all have made the best of it. I predicted Thursday as a rainy day but as so often nature had other plans for us.
The foot traffic was down a bit therefore and a lot of regulars didn’t risk it or were having other kinds of difficulties with life throwing challenges at them. Hopefully they will find solutions and things do turn out good for them with their businesses and their health issues.
On that note we did miss you all and we've kept you in our thoughts and prayers during Bensen Days.
Once again we did have a great opportunity to actually sit down and talk to one another during the rain storms abut as soon as they blew through the sky was filled with these magnificent rotary wing flying miracles.
I had taped the Banquet and currently uploading it to Youtube so as soon as it finishes I’ll link to it for all of you who are interested in the reality of the event and want to experience it opposed to the virtual reality that has been created by some.
I know you all can’t make it and I just wanted you to be able to be part of the event even if it’s only through the eyes and ears of a camcorder that can't project through the great atmosphere that we all had there.
I hope to see you next year again and let’s make this sport better than we have found it by bringing new people into it and keeping each other safe.

Thank you again.

Gabor

:usa2:

Last edited:

StanFoster

Aircraft
Helicycle N360SF
Total Flight Time
Gabor- I just arrived back. Had a wonderful time once again. Thanks to everyone at Sunstate and all the others I had visits with.

Oh......and that awesome fish , crawfish, fry. God...that was delicious! You guys and gals know how to throw a party!

Stan

Gyro28866

David McCutchen
Aircraft
Benson B7m & B8m, Dominator II; Kolb Mark III Classic
Total Flight Time
750 combined FW & Gyro
Ditto
Thanks guys , we had a blast. I only saw one thing which I really regret.
On the way out the gate , here is a pic of what I saw.
In my rear view mirror.
This is a really sad sight for us!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
RAF 2000 w/Horizontal stabilizer, KB3 w/tall tail
Total Flight Time
40+
Thank you for the hospitality.
Gabor and the Sunstate crew made us (Chapter 62) feel right at home. This was my first Bensen Days but certainly will not be the last, already looking forward to next year.

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Another great Bensen Days. Arrived Mon and was there every day until Sunday. The hospitality was fantastic, the participants, spectators and hosts very friendly at all times.

The weather was changing and very varied, the rain unfortunate but since I have been rained upon at some stage or another at every B Day I have been there not unexpected. Since I was renewing my relationship with our much neglected Hornet I spent far too much pretending to work on her in the hanger however a large number of people were visiting, or sheltering, so I was never short of good company.

Delighted to see no less that four of the Rissington crowd making their annual pilgrimage to the 'shrine', to meet so many friends from former visits, and to make new ones. Delighted to be able to fly with two of Wauchula's more experienced senior pilots, Dave Searce and Greg Spicola. I took some lessons from both in the two seat Dominator and on different days an really enjoyed my 'fix'.

Since our machine had not flown or around two years Stuart was keen to do a thorough inspection and try to bring I back to flying condition. Work, and other issues kept him away for much of the time but he was adamant that until he had cast his eyes over it it was no to leave the ground. Since he is the one with the repairman certificate I obeyed these very sensible instructions.

A very big thank you to the President and the members of the Sunshine State Chapter for their warm hospitality and very efficient organisation of a great event.

loftus

Aircraft
Aircam
Total Flight Time
700 hours
My second BD, but first camping there for the duration. I had a blast! Got to meet a lot of great folks, and for me a highlight was to hang out and chat with Vance Breeze.
This was also a very productive 4 days for me, 7 hours of instruction, got my 2 check ride sign offs from Craig McPherson and Chris Lord and my MTO inspected by Tom Milton. Exactly a year since I started this journey with a gyro ride from Des Butts.
Excited for Gabor to see the Behemoth fly so well.
Fun hanging out with Chris and Jim - boy that Golden Butterfly is a monster - sounds like a P51 on the runway. Hope they get that big boy flying safely soon.
And thanks to my great hangar mates and all the Morons, who have become such good buddies in the last few months. Good food, great campfires, and who knew Joe played guitar and sang like Jonny Cash.

SWaRC

PRA Chapter 26
Kevin I would like to make you an honorary member of the Sunstate Wing and Rotor Club for your generosity Sir. Thank you for your support and thank you for coming to Bensen Days. Our membership is through the roof. I would like to thank every single one of you who had renewed and the great number of first time members of this great club. Your membership will grant you the opportunity to pick your spot next year before the site gets released to the public. We also have our website that will announce larger get together events during the rest of the year. We also have our own blog where people can ask questions or get help from local craftsmen helping out with builds. Once again. Kevin Richey please pm me your info so I can type in your membership info. Thank you Sir!!!

Last edited:

k413

Aircraft
None.
Total Flight Time
About 40 hours - no license
Thanks for a great event

Thanks for a great event

Gabor, it was great to meet you at Bensen Days. As the winner of the sunburned face award, I now look like I have a severe skin disease as my face peels. The food on Friday night was fantastic, and I ate too much. I could not believe the crowd and number of machines. I was last at Bensen days in 2003; the .COM bubble had burst and attendance was low that year. It was great to see such a large group this year. Thanks for Sunstate's hard work for such a great event. Hope to see everyone at Mentone.

SWaRC

PRA Chapter 26
Gabor, it was great to meet you at Bensen Days. As the winner of the sunburned face award, I now look like I have a severe skin disease as my face peels. The food on Friday night was fantastic, and I ate too much. I could not believe the crowd and number of machines. I was last at Bensen days in 2003; the .COM bubble had burst and attendance was low that year. It was great to see such a large group this year. Thanks for Sunstate's hard work for such a great event. Hope to see everyone at Mentone.

Stan it was fantastic and we do have a magic thing going on at Bensen Days. I love real people with real personalities. It was my pleasure to meet you Sir. You are a good sport! I will make sure next time I treat your face with the SPF 110 I use!!!!! :) You won the burnt face contest this time but the competition goes on..... There is this thing Bensen Days 2015 coming up pretty soon! We will be cooking even more next time around since everyone is asking us to cook even for the banquet. I had talked to Bud O'Neal and the ladies are all in too. So we will move the Friday night under the big tent so Gerald can project his video presentation during dinner. Thank you for coming to BD.

NetPilot

Tryin' to Re-Member
Aircraft
2016 Rotax 503 "Jake-inator" (i.e. Gyro Jake's 2016 creation)
Total Flight Time
300+
A great event

A great event

On behalf of PeachState Chapter 56 I would like to extend a hardy 'THANK YOU' to Gabor, Rick, Dave, Bud and everyone at SunState for putting-together another fantastic Bensen Days! :first:

Wednesday evening started off with a bang... the skys swarming with gyros... powered parachutes drifting lazily by... drones competing for arial domination over the packed campground... and bustling activity everywhere... It was electric! And, it just kept going from there, all the way through Saturday night. I never can seem to find enough time to take it all in.

It was great seeing old friends, and meeting some new ones. But, as usual, I saw a lot more faces that I still want to put names to... more for next year I guess. :)

Be on the lookout for more pictures and video from Gerald (GK2).

See y'all next year!

Cheers!
Mark

Timchick

Tim Chick
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex, 582 Greyhead
Total Flight Time
~30
Had a great time. It was great to see old friends and make new ones. Looking forward to next year.

SWaRC

PRA Chapter 26
Mark thank you so much for all the help you guys provided for us. We could not do it without all your help. You guys pulled it off again this year! :) Tim we are looking forward seeing you again. You might wanna consider some other major events to come to though :)

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
Expressing my THANKS also!

Expressing my THANKS also!

THANK YOU Gab ( Much maligned/misunderstood) :boink: EL Presidento of SWaRC ...duely elected & enthusiastically supported by your AWESOME team of Wauchula morons & members of Sunstate W&R club ... the TEAM AND the LEADERSHIP pulled off another memorable Bensen days for 2014 ... despite the on-off weather! :eek:hwell: .....the hanger flying was wonderful & we got to know so many gyro-heads so much better!:first:

In spite of your controversial executive decision to head off a real or imagined drama situation ... CONGRATULATIONS on your leadership to pull off another well run world class event .... we all had a BLAST .... NO DRAMA :flame: .... lots of superb gyros ,some good flying ..... Dave McCutchen & his bright orange Dominator got the "iron rooster" award for many early AM wake-up calls! ...so many great memories!

Special thanks for the invitation to be on the judging team again ... it was a real treat as usual to do the job and work with Vance & Norm ... I have learned SO much from those two - great fun too going around to take a detailed look at every gyro in attendance! My suggestion for next year is to bring in an extra category for the two-seat gyros ..... domestic/USA kit built & imported kit built .... it is just not fair to the many worthy dominators & others to be rated against sleek Euro-factory made gyros!
I certainly hope the Mentone organizers will do this new class for awards!

I can't believe how fast the week went ..... on arriving Monday early afternoon ... we had 5 .5 days ahead to savor every moment & take extra time to renew friendships from last year & forge new ones with those we had not yet spent time getting to know! In no time it was Saturday ... finally able to get all the ducks inna row to have test pilots Greg S & Danny W take TiggyB to the runway for some spin-up / balance-on-mains & a hop to assess what else needs tweaking! Sunday was a magic encore day that we lingered and savored.... The Arrowcopter / Aircam arrival, fabulous weather ... unfortunately too much wind (& crosswind) for more TGB testing ... I got two more excellent lessons with Craig McPherson in his new MTOsport with the extra HP 912 .... whatta hotrod!:whoo: some more visiting with some great folks ( farmers too! :) )

With the 1700 mile/ 24 road hours over two days drive ahead ... we eeked out every last bit of the good-times!

SWaRC

PRA Chapter 26
Thank you Chris and Jim to make the pilgrimage again. I know it takes a lot and we do appreciate your presence and your help with the event. Without volunteers like you guys we could not have this event taking place. I was very happy to see Tiggy hop!!!! :) Hopefully all the kinks will be worked out and Jim gets to fly that monster!!!! Perry was paying special interest to the Tiggy since he is a farmer too. I am glad you guys managed to meet. Thank you again and see you next year.

SWaRC

PRA Chapter 26
I didn't have much time to take pics since I was running around as usual taking care of little issues here and there but I have just found a few pics on my phone probably taken by Stan V! Thank you Sir :)

Last edited: