A simplified theoretical method of determinig the caracteristics of a lifting rotor i

Jean Claude

Aircraft
I piloted gliders C800, Bijave, C 310, airplanes Piper J3 , PA 28, Jodel D117, DR 220, Cessna 150, C
Total Flight Time
About 500 h (FW + ultra light)
Last edited:
HoolyDooly!

HoolyDooly!

YIKES! --- Maybe my Math major son can explain it ..... :help:
...my eyes started to glaze over & I decided to go back to learning enough about doing weight & balance calcs. & to use the flight computer for the computations on the FAA knowledge test!!!!! :eek:hwell:

An erreur p. 217
This law of Cd min with Re is true only when Re> 8,000,000 as showed here:

From Re =1,000,000 to 3,000,000 , the Cd min increases.

Thanks for pointing out this interesting detail, Jean Claude. Typing the coefficients in a file is tedious and error prone, as I can confirm from my own experience. The attached file contains all the naca-716 coefficients and a few derivatives which are used elsewhere. I have double checked them to the best of my abilities. If anyone finds errors nevertheless please post them to this thread. So here goes to anyone who might like to play around with naca-716. The format is actually a Matlab/Octave m-file. It's just renamed to txt since you can't upload files with an m-extension. Converting it to other programming languages is straightforward.

Attachments

• coeff716.txt
    13.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: