a newbie from the uk.

diadave

Aircraft
brock kb2
Hi everyone a newbie from the uk Ive got hold of a brock kb2 and ive joined your great forum to find out all I can about this machine.

SandL

Aircraft
Bensen Merlin dragon wings Rotax 532
Total Flight Time
400hrs (4,000 instructional launches) gliding, 200 fixed wing, 100 gyro
Goodness a KB2 , here in the UK ?

welcome to the forum a great place to start,
loads of knowlage and experience here

May I ask more details about the gyro, is it complete, engine, rotorblades etc, does it have a permit to fly, registration number and all ? and when did it last fly?

and may I also ask do you have a licence ? PPL(A), PPL(g) NPPL or similar ?
and are you in contact with any instructors ?

I live in the south at Wootton Bassett and fly a Bensen Merlin, there are very few single seat guys in the UK so again welcome to this very small group.
how did you come across the KB2 ?
Message me any time (but I go abroad quite a lot so there may be delays in my replys.)
Peter

SandL

Aircraft
Bensen Merlin dragon wings Rotax 532
Total Flight Time
400hrs (4,000 instructional launches) gliding, 200 fixed wing, 100 gyro
May I suggest that you contact
David Bevers at Melbourne near York
Tony Melody in London or Chris Jones at Kirkbride.
I believe these are the only 3 instructors who can train on single seat machines.
the tricky bit is I think these days you will have to complete the full 40 hour 2 seat course first, the do a further 5 hour conversion. Even then there could be issues with completeing the 2 seat course if you do not own a 2 seat gyro., but they can explain all of that.
getting your gyro upto flight condition is the other element that may be not as easy as it appears.
I do not believe you can import and fly a gyro built in a forign country. Not sure if the KB2 is on the LAA approved list, if it's not then it would classifi as a new built , new desinged aircaft and will cost a fortune to complete the necessary test flying and proof of safety, with that in mind you may want to down load a copy of "section T" In simple terms it's a CAA doccument that defines what is a safe gyroplane design. (my gyro that I fly is safe, legal but not section T complient) It's all a bit complicated, in effect mine has grandfather rights. the next stop is to find your nearest gyroplne inspector. inspectors are approved by the LAA to inspect all work carried out on your gyro and sign it off in the logbooks confirming that your build complies with the plans and that the work has been completed to a good safe standard. The inspector is there to guid you through the process often giving help and advice and they have a great range of very useful contacts, so well worth having a discussion with one or two of these guys, you will see their contact details on the BRA web site.
I really wish you the best of luck in your endevors and If I can be of any help please do contact me.
you will almost definately have some steep hills to climb.
You will also need to contact the LAA who issue permits for gyroplanes
sorry if this sounds negitave I just feel that you should know some of the issues you will be dealing with at the start of your project before you start comiting time and money.
Peter