A new take on ultra-light gyroplane

Hot Wings
Venturing into Gyros? HBA doesn’t have any info about gyro design.
I see you have found the latest and greatest design. JonSu is talented and freely shares info. So very nice.
If you find some info on the forces required to shift the rotor would you please share?
Ben
HBA’s most despised member

Eugenii
You have posted a dimensioned set of drawings that required a lot of work to produce. Thank you so much for that. It will save a lot of time. Much appreciated!
I wish you could profit from your ideas personally.
The SkyRotor will leave the computer screen and fly next year!
Ben

Off topic but related.
Has anyone given any consideration on the use of a 1/2in drive cordless impact gun to drive a pre rotator? insert it into a 90 deg gear that drives a thick wall aluminum tube into a bendix. Throw it on the ground or insert into a holster. Or train your dog to take it back to the house. Light weight

Check this Thread

Hot Wings
Venturing into Gyros? HBA doesn’t have any info about gyro design.

Been interested in gyros for many years. Started to get serious about 2 years ago and joined this group. The AV-36 project got me sidetracked but it is essentially finished - at least the original plans restoration. My updates and folding wing option still need to be built and proven. As much as I'd like to built an AV-361 MKII my work space has taken a big hit in the last few years and right now I only have room to build a gyro.

Don't want to derail this thread with physics questions so I started a new thread on control forces.

It is nice to see others are interested in tractor versions. JonSu's CAD looks very good.

Regarding a light weight pre-rotator:
Many years ago I remember seeing a gyro that used a Briggs and Stratton EZ start rope pull mechanism. Not sure about the name and I can't find a picture. It was essentially a pull start that was at 90 degrees to the norm and used a bendix type mechanism to engage a toothed gear - just like a normal electric start. Can't get much lighter than that.

That was a lot of mechanical drafting, drawing all those parts, not to mention all the dimension work.

Question for the designer, pertaining to the rotor head tower to fuselage connection. You show rubber inserts, isolating the tower from the fuselage. I feel they will be damaged over time by the load imposed. I like how the engine is insulated by double bushings. Can I go that route? I need some more study of this. Also the pulled rivets mushroomed inside the tube, gotta love the details!

Awesome CAD model!

Not smart enough to change your design. I took a closer look and all is well, just as you have it.

What is the max horsepower you would recommend

I have been impressed with the attention to detail and uniqueness of the design. I do just wonder what the pilots sight picture forward might be like...in take-off, and in flight?

The SkyRotor is a very efficient design. I have not seen any other design that can be built by home builders that would come close.
All aircraft are a compromise.