A new engine design with rotary piston.

Emil

I have long searched for a rotary piston engine.I found nothing to be satisfied.There were "aesthetic"
I tried to forget everything I know about four-stroke engines.Then I went to the principles of thermodynamics.
Finally I found an engine model to be satisfied.

I present my opinion about a new engine.

Four-stroke engine has the following losses: 40% of energy is lost through cooling,30% is lost through the flue gas discharge and 8% mechanical losses and incomplete combustion.Only 32% of energy goes to the wheels.
The first step is to develop a compressed gas source having 5At.Little pressure to not need cooling and minimum loss due to exhaust gases.
Put a burner in the chember, well insulated(burner as heating systems are or how are the water heaters).Mixture of intake are taken from a rotary pistonand and compressed in to combustion chamber.(This is the principle, I think the air will be compressed and the fuel will be injected).Burner burns all the time with different powers.When the pressure reaches 5At only the pilot flame burning.
After burning gas volume multiply.Closed chamber, pressure and temperature increases.Chamber is not closed, the flow increases.
Fuel can be anything that burns.Butan, alcohol, gasoline, oil, etc..
Burner must be dezigned for the fuel used.
Until now, could not ensure efficient airflow ,needed for the combustion to 5At.Rotary piston can,also 5At were not sufficient to produce enough power.For rotary piston is enough.

So,5At pressure is maintained with an automated system.
A rotary piston is attached to the pressure at 5At.
Rotary piston is usable area 100mm x 100mm = 10000mm = 100cm square square
Force=5AtX100cm squar= 500Kgf = 5000N
200mm arm = 20cm ,torque results 5000 / 5 = 1000N / m
High speed (20,000 rpm-30, 000rpm) and give a great power.We can have a lower rotary piston or a lower pressure
The advantages of this engine are:reliability,lightweight,lower fuel consumption,low cost,easy maintenance.

If you have any observations or opinions about the engine, please write.
If you have questions about rotary piston ,please write to theard Rotary Piston.

Axial Vector Motor

Axial Vector Motor

Here is a perfect motor for aircraft, it has high torque to weight ratio and is efficient and can run on a variety of fuels. The RPMs are right too, about 1250 to 1750 range, so you can do away with the gearbox.

They are gearing up to produce them out of India.

Check it out our site (I say our because I was so impressed with possibilities I bought some stock in the company)

Later,

Jim L

Is only one principle.
So far I searched the Net:What temperature is the compressed air from the 1At to 5At?
I have not found, but can someone who knows better thermodynamics, to tell us?
I understood from thermodynamics that temperature depending on pressure.Whatever you get.
Therefore we only talked 5At or less, if proper temperature is too high.
But back to the question.Does anyone know what temperature corresponds to 5At pressure

Last edited:

For example:
Disel engine compression is 25At-35At, and the temperature is 700 C - 800 C.What would be a temperature, for a compression 5At?And that would be the operating temperature of the rotary piston.I do not think it will be too high.

I found the formula: Power (HP) = torque (N / m) Xrpm (rot/min) / 5252.If the formula is correct, the engine would have the power 1000N/mX20000rot/min/5252=3,800HP.
Please forgive me if I am persistent.But if they succeed ,will be great.I can not try all that.

THE DOT project

a New Proposal for a Piston Rotary Engine
(3-Stroke & 3-Piston Rotary Engine):

http://www.synison.gr/threee-chidot-absolute-motion.htm

prototype_manifesto_600x600.jpg

Last edited: