A Friend of a friend that I know is building this.

FRANK'S

Super Supporter
Aircraft
1975 Bensen B8-M A65 Continental
Total Flight Time
A Friend of a friend that I know is building this hybrid gyroplane it's on floats with the over head controls with the most bizzar rear appendage I have ever seen.

They took it on the water and it goes to plane very fast. It's 110lbs but rotor wings left to install and test and I was told a Thor 30hp engine but it does not look like a thor

Guys tell me me if this will fly and be safe?
Or just any comment welcome. IMG_20200805_112811.jpg

Brian Jackson

Platinum Member
Aircraft
GyroBee Variant - Under Construction
If that's the seat I see between the pontoons, it appears the thrust line is obscenely high. I doubt there is enough negative HS pitch to counteract that, especially from a low HP engine that far away. I would not fly that unless I have grossly misinterpreted the photo.

skyguynca

Gold Member
Aircraft
depends on what I have sold recently
Total Flight Time
5000+
I would say the the cg is way too low, the thrust line is to high. It looks like the primary source of control in the inverted V tail, looks like bowden cables running from the control stick to the tail, dont think it will provide the authority needed to control the gyro.

Friends dont let friends fly contraptions

David M.

Martin W.

I dont know a lot about gyro power requirements but 30hp ??????
Not to mention those floats look likely to create lots of aerodynamic drag

Question .... Anyone know what is the lowest known horsepower of any gyro that actually flew ?
thanks

FRANK'S

Super Supporter
Aircraft
1975 Bensen B8-M A65 Continental
Total Flight Time
I would like to give you more information but I have told you pretty much all that I know. they have taken it on the river and it's fast and gets to plane in a few seconds and controls are nice and good.

so right now it's 110lbs so if we add a rotor and blades it will still be a very light gyro.
I will ask him if i can come over and see it and take more pic's.

I'm very interested in this thing only because it is so different and unik .

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
I think it looks like a really fun boat. I would enjoy it safely that way, and wouldn't ever put the rotor blades on it.