A couple of days ago..

Aussie_Paul

A reforming stirrer!!!!!
Aircraft
None at the moment.
Total Flight Time
Since 1982 Gyro 5000+ mostly instructing, and approx. 200 fixed wing in the late 1960s.
Heading out for another flight in my mates gyro. His health is deteriorating and needs to sell it. He is pretty short so I have had to adapt rudder pedals etc. Of course every modification needs a test flight. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Aussie Paul. :biggrin:

Attachments

• photo127188.jpg
    photo127188.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 10
  • photo127189.jpg
    photo127189.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 9
Paul! How long have you been back flying?
Maybe I missed the post about you being back in the air...

Hi Paul it is good to hear you are in the air again, do you plan to get a gyro of your own again?

I have been back doing some flying since October. I have done 3 Bienniel flight reviews since the accident which is 9 and a half years ago!!
I am still pretty shit scared!! To think my gyros used to be an extension of my arms!!
I have a single seat project I am working on with bits left over from my failed Firebird project. :(
Also have a RAF that I am doing my safety mods to and the owner will allow me to use that when I want to.

IMG_0104.JPGDSC_1064smm.jpgDSC00422smm.jpg

I bought this single seat project for less than the price of the rotors. I knew I had all the bits needed including the first
Firebird airframe where I miscalculated the mast angle. This airframe will suit, as well as some tail feathers h/stabs etc.
The original owner started with a Rotax 2 stroke and then installed an ea 81.
That made the position of the rotor head incorrect. I will turn the gearbox around and it will be a CLT gyroplane. (Y)

My problem is I am totaly exhausted most of the time so it takes a while to complete projects,
plus we now have 4 grand kids and our caravan to use!!

Aussie Paul. :)

Not sure I am able to use this new forum successfully yet. Had some enjoyable short flights as the sun set this last week. :rapture:

The pictures came through fine Paul!
It is good to see you working on a gyroplane project!
Best regards, Vance

Sweet Project! Thanks for sharing!

Aussie_Paul;n1118798 said:
Heading out for another flight in my mates gyro. His health is deteriorating and needs to sell it. He is pretty short so I have had to adapt rudder pedals etc. Of course every modification needs a test flight. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hey that looks good. Where is your mate based in? When is he planning to sell it?

Paul !!! Great to see you back at it again ! Have fun mate !

CLS447;n1128592 said:
Paul !!! Great to see you back at it again ! Have fun mate !

Thanks Chris. :smile: