A contender...

NJpilot

Looks like Manufaktura Lotnicza is also Rotor-Tech. http://rotor-tech.eu/contact/ I recall Eddie had good things to say about his Rotor-Tech blades.

Quite the web of companies in the Poland gyro space.

So if MBL and Manufaktura Lotnicza makes the parts for FlyArgo, AAT, and Airgyro who is responsible for the final design of the Xenon4, Tercel, and AG915? Does MBL and Manufaktura Lotnicza make custom parts per the final design of the three companies or are they all just variations of one design? If the later who is the original designer?

John

Jason312

Total Flight Time
NJpilot;n1144163 said:
Looks like Manufaktura Lotnicza is also Rotor-Tech. http://rotor-tech.eu/contact/ I recall Eddie had good things to say about his Rotor-Tech blades.

Quite the web of companies in the Poland gyro space.

So if MBL and Manufaktura Lotnicza makes the parts for FlyArgo, AAT, and Airgyro who is responsible for the final design of the Xenon4, Tercel, and AG915? Does MBL and Manufaktura Lotnicza make custom parts per the final design of the three companies or are they all just variations of one design? If the later who is the original designer?

John
NJpilot- How do you make the connection that Manufaktura Lotnicza is also Rotor-Tech?
I just looked at that website which has 9 page headings. Only the Home page shows any info and it states that the company is Argo Aero previously Celier Aviation.

From my research I believe Celier created the "general" design but it sounds like nobody owns the aircraft design it's self. Rather only the names used for the aircraft such as Tercel, Xenon and AG915 are owned and protected.
It appears that Celier was successful at designing a great aircraft but doesn't do so well when it comes to the integrity of operating a business and customer support.

These opinions only come from internet research and talking to other more experienced gyro people (for what that's worth). I do not have any first hand experience dealing with Celier or Argo.

AirGyro is the only dealer I am aware of in the USA for this aircraft. As I understand it they have built 3 in Poland and the first kit in the US (4th aircraft) is scheduled to arrive next month.
I have my fingers crossed that things work out well for Airgyro. I like the looks of the aircraft on Youtube and on paper. The similar versions like Tercel and Xenon 4 seem to get great reviews. I am excited to see the AG915 in person to form a more quantified opinion of it.

Jason

NJpilot

Jason312;n1144168 said:
NJpilot- How do you make the connection that Manufaktura Lotnicza is also Rotor-Tech?
I just looked at that website which has 9 page headings. Only the Home page shows any info and it states that the company is Argo Aero previously Celier Aviation.
It's based on the contact being listed as:
Rotor-Tech
Manufaktura Lotnicza

Looking more closely at "Manufaktura Lotnicza" it translates from Polish as "Aeronautical Manufactory". Is Manufaktura Lotnicza a company or just a description? Aeronautical Manufacturer is certainly a good description of Rotor-Tech. I'm gonna guess Manufaktura Lotnicza is a Polish description of MBL and not a company onto itself. If Manufaktura Lotnicza is a company do you have it's website?

Thanks for the laying out the design lineage of these gyros.

John

Jason312

Total Flight Time
Hi John,

Interesting info. It sure gets confusing trying to pin this stuff down. Especially when dealing with companies outside the US.
I do not have a website for Manufaktura Lotnicza. All I have is an email from Airgyro that I quoted above (post 40) stating who makes their kits.

I should clarify that it was Airgyro who also told me there is no patent ownership of the aircraft, only on the names.

Jason

WaspAir

Supreme Allied Gyro CFI
Aircraft
Bell 47G-3B-1 / A&S 18A / Phoebus C, etc.
Total Flight Time
stopped caring at 1000
There is nothing in the modern Bensen-derived gyros that would be worthy of a utility patent, since every functional aspect has been in public use for a very, very long time, and wide dissemination of methods counts out the likelihood of any trade secret manufacturing methods. Trademarks for the names and copyrights for the documentation are pretty much all that is available to claim as intellectual property.