A brief history of Charles E. Taylor

martin-av8r

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Dominator installation of a Yamaha Sidewinder Turbo , Big tires and FOX 2.0 AIR shocks
Total Flight Time
student pilot at the moment
Hi All

I think you know that my post on the other thread is a humor joke ! :)

from the other thread , when i read the link that Tyger post about Sir Kelvin

And some time some special thing happen

when you read -----
Kelvin, Lord William Thomson (1824-1907)
tealtab_topright.gif

mathematician and physicist who contributed to many branches of physics. He was known for his self-confidence, and as an undergraduate at Cambridge he thought himself the sure "Senior Wrangler" (the name given to the student who scored highest on the Cambridge mathematical Tripos exam). After taking the exam he asked his servant, "Oh, just run down to the Senate House, will you, and see who is Second Wrangler." The servant returned and informed him, "You, sir!" (Campbell and Higgens, p. 98, 1984). Another example of his hubris is provided by his 1895 statement "heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible" (Australian Institute of Physics), followed by his 1896 statement, "I have not the smallest molecule of faith in aerial navigation other than ballooning...I would not care to be a member of the Aeronautical Society." Kelvin is also known for an address to an assemblage of physicists at the British Association for the advancement of Science in 1900 in which he stated, "There is nothing new to be discovered in physics now. All that remains is more and more precise measurement."

And just some years later

2 Brothers bicycle maker make the thing happen with the help of another simple guy

Charles E. Taylor​