92 HP rotary aviation engine

Looks like exactly what I have been looking for.... until you get to the 19,000 euro price. Wonder what the difference is between the roughly 6,000 euro 294cc version and the 19,000 euro 294cc version is? (other than the obvious more power and thrust and price).

Thats a huge price difference...

Actually, that's 19,000 pounds (british currency), which is $30,780. If it were in Euros, it would be $27,339. Still, a LOT of dough. (I'm 1/2 British, so I recognized the currency symbol as British Sterling, not the Euro)

Well, 88 lbs is impressive for 92 hp but only 340 lbs of thrust for 30 grand. Not so impressive.

How do they get from 40HP for the 294cc Cyclone, to 92HP from the same 294cc Everest???? Something fishy here?? Nothing like a free lunch !!!

The Norton/Midwest Engines is a dual rotor, much bigger, and struggles to give 90HP.

Last edited:
They use the Aixro XR50 engine as a base.
http://www.woelfle-engineering.com/
the cart engine is about USD$5500. The german company that released the cloud dancer Gyro with a Weber engine did some testing of this Aixro XR50 engine in a twin configuration..not sure what happened to that.

The 92 HP number must be a typo since they list the other configuration at 40 HP as the "ultimate power unit".

There are some rotary that can output that HP in a lightweight configuration but those are extremely expensive (Military budget) and perhaps not very durable because they are moslty used in high-performance drones.
http://www.uavenginesltd.co.uk/index.php?id=393

Last edited:
Yeah I think you guys are right. Simple physics wouldn't allow that many HP come out of that tiny engine. I clearly wasn't thinking only reading the numbers..... I should quit drinking till midnight every day....

Yes Dennis I haven't read the whole thing before posting it.... my bad :( I just got excited for a second seeing the obviously wrong numbers :) You know it was the case of if you really really believe you can actually see it being true :)

Yeah I think you guys are right. Simple physics wouldn't allow that many HP come out of that tiny engine. I clearly wasn't thinking only reading the numbers..... I should quit drinking till midnight every day....
But what about an Allison 250 the engine, by itself weighs maybe 70lbs and makes 300 - 400 shaft HP.
From what I hear..:)

rotary engines

rotary engines

I have heard that you can get more HP from these engines by turning them faster and using a higher gear ratio to the prop.

There is only so much HP you can get out of a 294cc IC engine. If it was in any way efficient, why is the rest of humanity using more cc's? You might rev the crap out of it, get 92HP for a while, but surely not for a couple of hundred hours of operation.