582 - Oil in carb float bowl?

GyroPaul

Aircraft
Fisher Celebrity (Biplane) Single seat Dominator
I have a bluehead 582 with oil injection and about 150 hours, and I recently started having oil in the float bowl of the rear carb after it has been sitting for a few weeks. Wondering if anyone else has run into this and what the cause might be? And no, I won't be getting rid of the oil injection system. It still runs great but smokes a little at start up until the bowl has been flushed out.

croley

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Dominator 582
I have a bluehead 582 with oil injection and about 150 hours, and I recently started having oil in the float bowl of the rear carb after it has been sitting for a few weeks. Wondering if anyone else has run into this and what the cause might be? And no, I won't be getting rid of the oil injection system. It still runs great but smokes a little at start up until the bowl has been flushed out.
the check valve that feed oil to carb. is sticking, take it off and clean it or may need a new one!

scottessex

Sling-Wing Pilot
Aircraft
Dominator 582
Total Flight Time
200+
It is the check valve on the oil injection system. mine did the same thing, just dump the bowl before starting and it is OK, yes it should be replaced, about $30, get new clamps and hose at the same time.