52 inch Arplast 4 Blade pitch setting

fateric

I have a 52 inch Arplast 4 Blade prop 152/130 on a 582 with 2.62E gear set, but it only makes 290 static. I was expecting something in the region of 330. Does anyone have this set up and know what pitch their prop is set at and the static thrust produced?

Thanks.

bpearson

That figure may be about right. Using that ratio you are really slowing that small prop down. You will reduce noise compared to three blade but performance won't increase.

I have flown a gyro similar to your set up and it flies fine. Don't get too obsessed with static thrust.

giro5

Aircraft
prev- citabria,AA1b, fun racer
Total Flight Time
400 GA, 50 trike
pitch the prop to get the proper rpm for your engine/altitude. What you get for thrust is what you get.

Rotormouse

Aircraft
G-BVDJ Cricket gyro
Total Flight Time
112 hrs fixed-wing, 200+ gyro, & too many to remember on gyro-glider
My Arplast is set to 20 degrees (52 inch, 2.62 E-box) which gives 305 lb static, but she's revving a tad too high at max throttle so I'm going to pitch up another degree and try that - if it ever stops raining. :sad: Still not great performance compared to 330 lb apparently being achieved by the thick chord GSC that Gary's fitting to the AV18s - interesting to try one of those.