50 years ago I sent $4 for the Bensen info pack....

Gary W

Aircraft
CLT Aircommand 582
Total Flight Time
200+ PIC Gyroplane
Woo Hoo !!!! Way to go Harold ! I am excited that you found your dream machine !

scottessex

Sling-Wing Pilot
Aircraft
Dominator 582
Total Flight Time
200+
You can see more pictures in the Carolina barnstomers thread, under Events..
That is Barry K's old machine. Scott repainted it very nicely. It has a rotax 618, plenty of power very nice machine. It was built from plans.

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Waiex/3300 Jab, Phantom UL, Flightstar II UL
Total Flight Time
ALOT
Yes, very good machine. And no offense to Barry, but Scott redid all the " Barry-ness " of the gyro and made it into a even better machine.

Good to hear that Scott bought Rustys machine. Hopefully Rusty decided to let scott have the N number with it.

AirScooter

Scott Waggoner
Aircraft
Tandem Dominator-Zenith 701
Total Flight Time
8 minutes, 31 seconds
i did get the N number.

I am also going to build another single with a zero time 618, never installed engine, with a brand new never used exhaust. I have everything except seat tank and wheels, tires and brakes. I will change some things and duplicate some things. Maybe a bigger prop.......

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Waiex/3300 Jab, Phantom UL, Flightstar II UL
Total Flight Time
ALOT
i did get the N number.

I am also going to build another single with a zero time 618, never installed engine, with a brand new never used exhaust. I have everything except seat tank and wheels, tires and brakes. I will change some things and duplicate some things. Maybe a bigger prop.......
good deal. I emailed rusty and told him his concerns with the N number were unfounded and that selling without it puts his machine worth only scrap value. Glad he saw the light and sold it as a airworthy bird. It will need some work to make right, as I am sure you know, but for 15 grand or I am betting you got a even better deal ;) it was a solid buy.

I would get it flying, and get your own self flying. Then worry about a single seater.

btw, Im no instructor, but get the two place flying, and Ill ride with you in the back seat while you transition to it, just so you dont hurt it. ;)