5 year rubber replacement maintenance

Nasser

Hello
My 912UL is due for 5 year rubber replacement maintenance but I have 420 hours on my MTO sport , is there any chance to postponed this replacement till the 600 hours ?

I believe it's another 'maintenance exaggeration' that may cause more harm than good, but that's just my personal opinion...

Last edited:
You might get push back from your A&P at annual time, as Rotax says 5 years. I didn't find it that miserable to do, as you can get to everything easily, unlike, say an Evektor Sportstar :)

Any one have the five years kit replacement list , and where to get it online please .
I have 912ULS on mto sport

Any one have the five years kit replacement list , and where to get it online please .
Read Rotax Maintenance manual. Basically everything rubber on the engine or attached to the engine should be replaced. All coolant hoses, fuel lines, carb rubber boots, carb rebuilt (rubber seals and o rings inside) and so on.

California Power Systems offers a kit that appears to be out of stock at the moment. In the overview of the kit they do list everything that is included. The total kit is expensive at $1300.

California Power Systems offers a kit that appears to be out of stock at the moment. In the overview of the kit they do list everything that is included. The total kit is expensive at $1300.
Thanks , I noticed that fuel pump not included in this kit.

The fuel pump isn't rubber, but does need to be replaced from time to time. Get the (probably Pierburg) part number from your current fuel pump, and look that up - it'll be a lot cheaper than the same pump from a Rotax supplier.

Unrelated to gyros but years ago my A&P recommended I change all rubber components .... Lord Mounts , Dynafocal mounts , rubber tubes and hoses etc.

He quoted the mfg price for the kit and it shocked me .... too much money for a handful of components. I continued my grumbling at lunch and a friend knew somebody who had the exact kit for half the price so I sent the cash and got the parts.

Couple months later I was due for 100hr insp , brought the new rubber parts and asked my A&P to change them ... he dug out the packaging and showed me the mfg date was actually older than what was currently on my aircraft.

It cost me 1 & 1/2 times as much to learn an expensive lesson. Turns out that manufacturers of rubber components , elasomeric bearings etc only make small batches at a time in order to always have fresh stock. If those components were not calendar sensitive they would mass produce millions of them at low cost and warehouse them until sold