3 Threads on PRA chapter 2, What gives?

Rigidwing

PRA Chapter 2 Utah
Hey Doug, wheres the rest of the guys? I nominate myself as Club Public Relations Executive lol. You can vote on that latter!

I think we should have a Clubhouse like the Hells Angels Mortercycle Gang that don't drink and fight so much but fly! he he.
I nominate YOUR HOUSE lol!

I just wanted to touch base with you and say that I am very excited about this Saturday. I have a few friends that are inexsperienced
but very interested and would like to come to our meeting if that's cool.
The more we Educate the Better I think!

The Mandatory Club Tattoo is almost ready.

Just kidding Around!

But seriously I am looking forward to meeting you on Saturday Doug and I am Honered to be a member of this group.

Jason

P.S.

How many memebers own their own aircraft?
And will you be bringing your Sky Cycle?

I haven't paid my dues yet. Should I pay them directly to the PRA or our Chapter 2 Treasurer?

Do you prefer this site for most of our communications or somthing else?

Please let me know.

GyroDoug

I'm way excited Too!!!

I'm way excited Too!!!

Jason,

Good to hear from you. We apparently don't have any of our members comfortable with posting on here yet. (Either that or they aren't even checking this yet) I hope they are checking it and reading what little is here. As we can get more people asking questions and sharing their ideas it will get more interesting and worth checking and hopefully in the future we will have people checking this as regularly as they check their e-mail. Anyway, that's my goal.

I'm all for having a Public Relations Officer and I will be happy to nominate you for the position. Really all it takes is a few people that are really excited about this talking to everyone they can and soon we won't be a little group any more. I believe your excitement will be contagious and that is a really good thing.

Please bring your friends and anyone else you can think of to invite. We welcome anyone who has a love for or even an interest in flying. The more they learn about Gyroplanes the more they will fall in love with them.

I'm not sure about the mandatory Tattoo. I'm not really a Tattoo kind of guy, but the thought of having a Gyro on my body somewhere.... Well I'll think about it.

As for how many members have their own Gyro, remember we only have a small hand full of members so far. But over 50% either own a completed Gyro or have a Gyro project they are working on. I personally fall into the latter group so I will not be bringing my Super Sky Cycle, but I will bring pictures to show you where I am at so far and I would be happy to have you stop by some time and check out my project in person. I really love it and take every opportunity I get to show it to anyone who is willing to look at it.

As for your dues to be a member of the Utah Rotorcraft Association, it will cost you $20 per year and you can pay the Treasurer "Glen Cobb" at the meeting on Saturday. We would also encourage you to become a member of the National PRA so you can get the monthly magazine and have access to all the other great benefits as well as support the organization that makes what we love to do possible. However it is not mandatory, (just wise).

I would love to see you post your questions here on the forum rather that send me a personal message because as I answer your questions I will also me making the answer available to anyone else who chooses to look here. That way there may be others who can chime in and add their understanding and knowlege to the discussion. This forum is a great way to get information out to a lot of people in a very efficient manner. So keep posting here whenever you have a thought or question. I will look forward to meeting you on Saturday.

Gyro Doug

Rigidwing

PRA Chapter 2 Utah
Public Relations Officer, I Accept LOL.

Public Relations Officer, I Accept LOL.

I personally couldn't sell bag of ice in the Mohave Desert. But when it comes to something you love it just happens naturally. I prupose we design some business cards we all could cary and pass out at will. I don't know how many Groen Bros. cards I have given out in the past and they gave me a stack (Glen). Throw me some design ideas and I will make it happen. With your approval of course. You would not believe all the people that are interested in what we do, and it's completely unsolicited conversation, their words not mine. A Feminist woman asked me Wednesday afternoon (out of the blue) no pun no kidding! "Who would you rather have as a pilot of your aircraft, a man or a woman". I said myself and she said why because you are a man? and I said no because I am a Pilot LMAO. And I concluded in tellng her all about Gyros. Very strange indeed.

I am an Advanced Whitewater Kayker, boating since 1996 and almost killed several times by my hobby. I don't even go anymore because new people can't keep up. And old Veterans aren't willing to wait for you. I guess what I'm trying to say is I appreciate my new found aviation brothers that are willing to educate a noob like myself and treat me as one of thier own even though I may not be the richest or most experienced of the bunch.

Thanks guys!

HOO-RAH Chapter 2

Jason

GyroDoug

Welcome aboard!!!

Welcome aboard!!!

Jason,

Welcome aboard !!!! It really is pretty exciting when we have a passion for something and can find others that share that love and passion with us. We have a great group so far and I am sure it will see strong growth over the next few months. Any and all efforts you are willing to make will be greatly appreciated.

Gyro Doug