3 or more rotor blades ???

Mayfield

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Hatz Classic Bi-plane
Total Flight Time
>14K hours
Fusion Copter is about to learn the hard way that criss-crossed see-saw rotors don’t work. Cracked hubs/blade roots.
Hi Chuck,

Is it predictable where the cracks will begin in the hub/blade root?

Surely Fusion is attaching strain gauges of some type to at least understand the magnitude of the bending loads.

Last edited:

j4flyer

Chuck do you have and would you post a couple of photos of the rotorhead ? I’m impressed, I would like to see what it looks like. I’m not thinking of building one, it’s just something I find very interesting.

C. Beaty

Gold Supporter
Hi Chuck,

Is it predictable where the cracks will begin in the hub/blade root?

Surely Fusion is attaching strain gauges of some type to at least understand the magnitude of the bending loads.
The cracks generally start in the attachment region; blade to hub.
Part of the problem results from the stresses being internal to the paired rotors and not producing external vibrations.

C. Beaty

Gold Supporter
Chuck do you have and would you post a couple of photos of the rotorhead ? I’m impressed, I would like to see what it looks like. I’m not thinking of building one, it’s just something I find very interesting.
there's a picture at the end of the film clip in my post #49

j4flyer

I thought the video ended. Must have been buffering , sorry. Not really, I get to watch it again haha

Ok I watched it all. The rotorhead detail at the end was exactly what I hoped to see. I found it a fascinating piece of machine work. It appeared to work very well. If I may be so bold to ask, why aren’t we seeing more Beaty three blade heads and systems out there ? Your product looks to be light years ahead of present designs. I hope to see you flying it again. I can’t believe something that special is tucked away.

Last edited: