3 new AR-1 Gyroplanes just registered

Abid

AR-1 gyro manufacturer
Aircraft
AR-1
Total Flight Time
4000+ 560 gyroplanes. Sport CFI Gyro and Trikes. Pilot Airplane
N30AR, N148GW and N147BF
also congrats to Walter of Lutz, FL, Jeff Of Tampa, FL and David Nigbor of Wisconsin on placing orders for new AR-1s recently

Last edited:
I'll take some next week sometime and post them. They are awaiting airworthiness inspections right now from the DAR

I am soon getting back into flying after a 35 years absence... I have a PPL technically, however, I need tons of refresh on avionics, tower control, navigation, the basics... I am going to buy a craft too. The gyros look like a blast... low, slow, 270 degs views... looks great. I have quietly researched all the enclosed gyros but I am drawn to this AR-1 because it "looks solid". I appreciate your videos on the structure and the transparent differences you reveal between yours and others. The Stella blades are heavier and seem to be smoother in flight (less shake) than composite, I like that. I want an enclosed gyro and would appreciate any more videos/reviews on your enclosed option. I realize it is still new, however any additional information would help. Plan to visit your shop and determine what the Pilot licensing and gyro manufacturing commitments are. Thanks, Andrew

Welcome to the Rotary Wing Forum Andrew.

I wish you all the best on your gyroplane adventure.

Thank you Vance... Aerospace in general (I am in Aerospace Parts manufacturing), and especially the Gyro world, is evolving. The products introduced in Europe are excellent, and I think Silverlight has tweaked the gyro even further (improved tail, heavier Rotor, mechanical solutions such as the brake, wider stance) making an improved product. And that is what it is all about; better, safer, cheaper... getting more people flying and maybe eventually the FAA more flexible on approvals so non-mechanical dopes like me can actually buy and fly. I should have posted in the Newbie section, sorry Fara... so, please provide more updates on your enclosed version. Again, I realize it is new, but, would appreciate a video review. PS: I am Irish decent, I need shade...; )

Hi AG:
Thanks for the interest in AR1
I just wanted to state for the record that factually a heavier rotor by itself does not mean its smoother. Getting the stick shake less and less is simply a lot of elbow grease and some trail and error with a dynamic balancer and some conceptual understanding of tracking and balancing. I am learning more and more about it and that is why we have arranged a class on it on March 29, 30 here with Mike G on this forum. He is coming from France. Class is open to any enthusiast and uses PB4 as the tool of choice.
On the enclosed gyro side, you will just have to wait a bit to hear and see the news. Keep an eye on our Facebook page. The canopy is all clear. I guess we could paint the top.

Thank you Fara, some of the other enclosed conventional seating style copters have an elegant solution to the shade issue... should be a no brainer. I would think the heat factor down there would drive the solution. Anyway, thanks for you passion for a continuously improving product.