25 ft. McCutchen Skywheels For Sale-$2700

MMorgan

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Aviomania Sport, Bensen, Flight Design CTSW
Total Flight Time
4000+
I have a very very good condition like new set of 25 ft. Skywheel blades.

These are not the "new" blades being built now but the older design but they look almost new. Total time is not known but obviously they are not high time blades.

Price is $2700 they are located in South Louisiana.

Attachments

• IMG_1436.jpg
    IMG_1436.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1437.jpg
    IMG_1437.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1439.jpg
    IMG_1439.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1440.jpg
    IMG_1440.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1441.jpg
    IMG_1441.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1442.jpg
    IMG_1442.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I found out a little more history on these blades.....they were purchased new by a man in the Midwest (I think Iowa) for a gyro that was never completed. They were stored in the box for many years until he sold them to Ed Burks in the Monroe, LA. area.

Ed only flew them a few times and I traded some blades I had plus cash for them back in the summer.

I have flown them 5 or 6 hours so the total time on the blades is less than 10 hours.

These blades are just what I need to complete, my aircommand,wish I could come up with the total price right now,got to sale one of my hovercraft,maybe then I could come up with what ur asking for them

What cord????

What cord????

7in or 8in???

Currently flying 26ft DW's 7in cord @ 1540` field elev. ..... just adequate!

26 @ 7 in ......or 25 @ 8 in cord ..... any opinions on suitability for me ... Butterly Aurora with lots of goodies ... about 510# empty ...850 -AUW - winter clothes!

The sky wheels are heaver and will raise you vertical center of gravity Chris.

If you like the way she flies now you might want to stick with Dragon Wings.

Talk to Ernie.

Cg?????

Cg?????

I wonder if one could add a weight to the rotor( diff SW /DW's) on the current set-up & do a hang test to check! :noidea:

Vance ...I've been talking to Glenn ... he put same sky wheels on his Super monarch ( Aurora model precursor) ...after getting new shorter towers made for safer teeter range ... he absolutely loves them ...especially the float @ landing!

Sky wheels I think would be a very good option in your case Chris. I have watched how those dragon wings fly on your gyro. They have an interesting dynamic. I think the skywheels might be a bit smoother.

I wonder if one could add a weight to the rotor( diff SW /DW's) on the current set-up & do a hang test to check! :noidea:

Vance ...I've been talking to Glenn ... he put same sky wheels on his Super monarch ( Aurora model precursor) ...after getting new shorter towers made for safer teeter range ... he absolutely loves them ...especially the float @ landing!

I don’t know where your vertical center of gravity is now Chris. If your gyroplane is near center line thrust the heavier blades will raise the vertical center of gravity and make your gyroplane low thrust line. It is not necessarily a bad thing, just different. The heavier blades may introduce a power/pitch coupling.

If you have no power/pitch) coupling now (near centerline thrust) with the heavier blades she may pitch up with the addition of power and down when power is removed.

If you gyroplane pitches down with power and up when power is removed now the heavier blades may lesson that.

If Glen didn’t feel any difference in the way his flew when he changed it will probably be just fine.

I don't think you will be any better with 25 foot skywheels over 26 foot dragon wings.

What kind of rotor rpm do you see with your dragon wings? Straight and level flight at say 60 mph airspeed... If it is in the 300-325 rpm range I would say you have the right rotors on it now. If it is in the 326-365 range it would still be good rotors but you would be having less float to deal with in your landings. 366-385 range your at the limit for that size blade and you would have little to no float on landings and would need to be sharp on the stick.... Anything over 385 in SL flight is too high, and a sign you need longer blades.

On one of my single place dominators I had 25 foot DW blades. I got up with Ernie at a fly in where he brought a set of 22, 23, and 24 foot blades for me to try out. my 25's spun around 305-310 SL, the 24's spun around 325-335 SL and the 23's spun around 350-370 SL.... If I recall correctly. I never tried the 22's. Anyway, I liked the handling and sportiness of the 23 foot blades best and they were also the smoothest in the stick and airframe, so I ended up going with the 23's. I had less float but it wasn't a issue for me.