2023 PRA Convention

I have always found great value in attending and participating in the PRA International Convention.

I am planning on driving from Santa Maria, CA to Oshkosh, WI and then down to Mentone Indiana.

I love seeing old friends and meeting new friends.

I always learn a lot about gyroplanes at the PRA Convention.

Remember when you would get one of these and a magazine and a T-shirt when one signed up to be a member? Not currently a member. Nope. Don't ask. Was reminiscing about the good ole days!
Good point. The Magazines stopped in 1999, PRA bought a nice membership card printer, that and other items have gone missing.

Stiil offer Powered Sport Flying e-zine with membership. Working to get things going again but we need folks who have ideas and want to get involved to volunteer for board and at large positions.

Good point. The Magazines stopped in 1999, PRA bought a nice membership card printer, that and other items have gone missing.

Stiil offer Powered Sport Flying e-zine with membership. Working to get things going again but we need folks who have ideas and want to get involved to volunteer for board and at large positions.
I received a print magazine this year, too...

I received a print magazine this year, too...
But it is not the old PRA Publication, Rotorcraft Flying. That stopped in 2019. Magazine now, is Powered Sport Flying. E-zine version free to members on the web, or print copy $12 extra with membership.

Last edited:
I have always found great value in attending and participating in the PRA International Convention.

I am planning on driving from Santa Maria, CA to Oshkosh, WI and then down to Mentone Indiana.

I love seeing old friends and meeting new friends.

I always learn a lot about gyroplanes at the PRA Convention.
Plans have changed; I am driving straight to Mentone with an old friend of mine. Hope to arrive Tuesday evening and stay through the banquet. We both look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I don't like to miss AirVenture.

Plans have changed; I am driving straight to Mentone with an old friend of mine. Hope to arrive Tuesday evening and stay through the banquet. We both look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I don't like to miss AirVenture.
Gonna miss you in OSH Vance!

Plans could still change as I managed to work my rentals out with less trouble than I expected.

I always feel so important when I ride around with you.
Lol I’m not important. Safety on the Flightline is what’s important I’m just there to help direct the chaos in the right direction.

Gyro Technic is proud to be donating a custom fire ring to the PRA airport in Mentone IN!
We really needed a central gathering area to keep the socializing going after the flying is done for the day.

I've been told it is VERY dry there right now. There could very well be burning bans in effect during the convention.

Oh well...we will come up with some creative solutions, and it will still be a good gathering area.
And, it will be ready for a camp fire when the weather allows!

I am looking forward to a great turn-out at Mentone '23!

Denis

Ring - Full.jpg

What a GORGEOUS work of art ...praying for normal rainfalls in the next month so we can try it out!

A HUGE part of the success of the evening social-life of Bensen Days is the central fire- pit circle of friends and newcomers listening in to the stories of past times and characters of the gyro world & crazy adventures & lessons learned!
It would be extra special if we could enjoy a similar fire-pit circle - welcoming to all campers & attendees at Mentone!

I live just north of Mentone. Yes it's been dry. But, give it a day and we could have storms. I can't remember when we had a burn ban. Maybe an advisory. I'm sure people will be careful!