2019 Ken Brock Freedom Fly-In!

Terry_Smith

Gyroplane Fan
Aircraft
Building a Sportcopter Vortex 582
Total Flight Time
3 - Some training and glider time
Just a friendly reminder - the Ken Brock Freedom Fly-In is just around the corner! Chapter One is gearing up for another great Fly-In, and invite all of our Gyronauts to come and experience El Mirage flying! You can read more on the Fly-In at www.kbffi.com/ - There you will find a schedule of events as well as directions to KBFFI. Hope you can make it!

Gentlemen - WE are looking forward to seeing you here as well!

Is your club planning to have glider flights again? I have not seen any mention of them for a couple of years.

AMT1 - as of now, I do not expect us to be flying the glider this year....

Paul - at our last meeting, I spoke to Teddy and the lakebed was in good condition especially around Gyro Cove, so i expect it to be fine for the Fly-In. I'll check again with Teddy on our next meeting and post an update.....

I am happy to report the lake bed is OPEN!!! It was closed till today from some recent rain but gyro cove is in great shape. I was out flying last weekend and it looks as good as ever. There are some cones on the main part of the lake, be careful around them on your way in, there are some sinkholes about a foot deep. Blue Skies, lets fly

Where exactly is "Gyro Cove" on a map? GPS coordinates?
Gyro Cove is about 343917N1173709W Bobby.

If you look on a chart and draw a straight line from General William J Fox Field (WJF) to Sothern California Logistics (VCV) and you will pass very close to El Mirage Adelanto (private airport) and go north you will see the El Mirage Dry Lake Bed. Gyro Cove is north west of that airport on the lakebed.

Gyro Cove is about 12 miles west-north west of Southern California Logistics Airport (VCV).

Last edited:
I can not wait. I have everything ready to go. I will arrive there Wednesday afternoon. I am looking forward to meting everyone.

Belongs to Mike Smith, and it's for sale