2014 Anahuac Fly-In

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
RAF 2000 w/Horizontal stabilizer, KB3 w/tall tail
Total Flight Time
40+
Chapter 's annual fly-in at Anahuac will be October 16 through the 18 but many stay until Sunday morning. This year we have renamed the fly-in from the Gatorfest Fly-In to the Steve Weir Memorial Fly-In and have moved the event from September (the date of the actual Gatorfest) to October where the weather should be much more bearable. We will have food and drinks on site. T-Shirts for sale. And a raffle featuring a GPS. More details to follow.

Attachments

• Steve Weir Memorial Fly-In 2014.jpg
    Steve Weir Memorial Fly-In 2014.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1
That's great...I was worried it would conflict with Reklaw Fly-in...but it's the following week:

29th Annual Flying M Ranch Reklaw (Texas) Fly-In and Campout Oct. 24-26, 2014

The last fly-in one had 400 aircraft...the most was 542 aircraft in 2008.

http://www.reklawflyin.com/

Last edited:
Did they ever get the Jet-A pump working?

Chapter 's annual fly-in at Anahuac will be October 16 through the 18 but many stay until Sunday morning. This year we have renamed the fly-in from the Gatorfest Fly-In to the Steve Weir Memorial Fly-In and have moved the event from September (the date of the actual Gatorfest) to October where the weather should be much more bearable. We will have food and drinks on site. T-Shirts for sale. And a raffle featuring a GPS. More details to follow.

As far as I know, both pumps are working fine.

I can finally RSVP that I will attend a fly-in...by actually flying in! Last time I was at Anahuac I drove there with a friend and got time with Desmon.

It will be a pleasure having you John.

Just a bump, I'll do this every week until the fly-in so nobody forgets.

NOTE: The banner at the top has the wrong address, it is actually the weekend prior, October 16 - 19.

You guys planning to attend the regularly scheduled Gotorfest Fly-in too? I'd like to hit both...

We will be out there that Saturday and will pull some of the gyros out for show, probably some flying, but otherwise it wont be an event for us, per say.

Four weeks away! The 3rd weekend of October, hope to see many of you there.

T-Shirts will be for sale.
We are holding a raffle with many items that can be won.
Food will be prepared and served on location.

Sounds like so much fun Mike!!!

Very, very small chance I'll bring my G1sa to this party...

Planning ....

Planning ....

Hope to be there about Tuesday 14th ... help with anything we can to get the event set up & fly OZ'rora about before it gets busy!
( I hear the runway is rough like Mentone's ... looks like I'll be able to really test Jake's shimmy guard!!!! ;) )
Planning some cool XC's with Kent - while in that area! :)

Had a bunch of delays with Calif Power Systems returning my rebuilt carbs to me- terrible customer service. Hope to get them installed this week and still planning on flying down from Colorado to attend Anahuac and the Flying M Ranch flyin the next weekend.

Rob

Three weeks away, sounds like this will be our best year yet. Make plans to attend!

Another bump, just two weeks away!

We have t-shirts, raffle, food cooked on site. Looks like it will be our best one yet.

Oh it sounds like it will be so much FUN!!! Not going to make it this year, Mon got sick and I have to take care of her for a change.

Kent Goddard wins "first to arrive". Came in yesterday and will be here throughout our fly-in. Welcome Kent, proud to have you here.

Say Hi to Kent to me he is one of the Best People on Earth!