AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
RAF 2000 w/Horizontal stabilizer, KB3 w/tall tail
Total Flight Time
40+
Just a week away, mark your calendars.

cburg

Mike,

Have a list of activities for those on the fence?

I have the stuff for a static thrust competition if you want. Not sure how to do it with a helicopter...safely that is ;-)

cburg

Anthony...all I can remember is a big red gyro zoom past me at twice my speed (and I was full out)...and saw it (you) already eating your hamburger when I landed ;-)

It was that day...that flight...when I decided...I need a new machine!

Is that the one we did a couple of years ago?

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
40+
A cross country would be great, Tiki Island would probably be the best destination. If someone wants to get a group together and do this, there's no problem with it. We've discussed it in the past but just didn't get enough interest to pull it off. The only this we ask, is to do it on Friday, Saturday is when we get most of our visitors and we don't want a lot of people showing up to see gyros and they're all gone.

And, as far as contests and or awards, this is only our 4th annual, we hope to be there some day with at least some awards but we felt as though we have not gotten that big to do it yet. This year looks to be building up to be our biggest and best, if it does, then we probably need to look into awards and possibly events for next years fly-in.

cburg

How about a static thrust comp? I have the stuff for it. Plus it may not cause a problem with the Airport like an egg drop might. We probably could do a parade, and arrange for a group photo at a predetermined time (after everybody has arrived and before anybody leaves).

Agreed on the XC to Tiki scheduling so as to not distract from the intent of the fly-in. Some guys call these imbedded activities "Fly-in/Fly-out".

It's basically a lunch on one of the days. Would that work?

A cross country would be great, Tiki Island would probably be the best destination. If someone wants to get a group together and do this, there's no problem with it. We've discussed it in the past but just didn't get enough interest to pull it off. The only this we ask, is to do it on Friday, Saturday is when we get most of our visitors and we don't want a lot of people showing up to see gyros and they're all gone.

And, as far as contests and or awards, this is only our 4th annual, we hope to be there some day with at least some awards but we felt as though we have not gotten that big to do it yet. This year looks to be building up to be our biggest and best, if it does, then we probably need to look into awards and possibly events for next years fly-in.

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
40+
We can plan on a static thrust, just will have to decide where to do it and if we get interest.

Yes, a lunch or breakfast flight would work.

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
40+
Steve McGowan is the second to arrive (does this make him #2?).

During the week should should start getting more of our visitors, this year should be a great fly in, I'm really looking forward to it.

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
40+
The fly-in is THIS weekend, October 16, 17, 18, and 19. The banner on the top of the forum and the PRA had it as next weekend, this is because we had to give them a date wary in the year and we later changed the date but couldn't get the banner changed.

Just so this won't happen again, we will be holding all future fly-ins the third weekend in October.

Hope to see you there.

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
All loaded ... ready to roll at dawn!

All loaded ... ready to roll at dawn!

LOOONG day .... returned rental car I took to Searcy .. shopped for supplies for trip ... out at hangar ... started the waterproofing & travel cover prepping. Got fuel,.. rounded up tools & stuff!
Mid afternoon Jim came along with trailer & we unrotored - loaded up - packed the trailer ... We have Mike's rotors we ferried from Mentone & also Kent's helmets ... hope we didn't forget anything!:noidea: :) ( I need a day off!) ! :lol:

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
40+
Looking forward to having you and Jim back. Kent and Steve are there waiting on you.

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Toevs Team are here!

Toevs Team are here!

:whoo: .......The party:party::party::party: IS ON!!!!! :peace:

record time down .... good traffic flow minimal stops (& found a new faster route thru Dallas!!) ... we made the 700 miles in 11.75hrs ( best prior was 12!) .... had just minutes of light left when we arrived ... with awesome teamwork we got OZ'rora unloaded & the trailer set up for camping! ..... the Chap 62 hanger is FULL! :lol:

Gorgeous weather ... the best ever fly-in coming up .... SteveW. is smiling down on us!:D :angel:

Steve McG ...showed up after finding the local Walmart & Bonzer is enjoying a doggie playmate in Elsie .... Kent's AWOL (Barhopp'n???;)!