2013 Anahuac Fly-In

Pictures from the Anahuac fly-in: part cinco

Pictures from the Anahuac fly-in: part cinco

And still moe pictures:

Picture 1: Bobby Martin gave plenty of rides, including this one. It's a good thing the Beaumont-Port Arthur refineries were close by to produce enough fuel for all the flying that Bobby did.

Picture 2: This vintage Bensen-type came in on a trailer.

Picture 3: The grassy in-field, tarmac, taxiways and runway at the Anahuac airport were bustling with all kinds of aircraft, especially gyroplanes. This is nice, small airport well away from the Houston Class B airspace.

Picture4: These two gyroplanes sit in a hangar awaiting their turn to show off.

Attachments

• P1010062.jpg
    P1010062.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010098.jpg
    P1010098.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010101.jpg
    P1010101.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010120.jpg
    P1010120.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 1
Who owns the ultralight butterfly??????

More pictures from the Anahuac 2013 fly-in:

Picture 1: Dave Whitten's (I hope I have the name correct) gyroplane. I saw it in the air a lot.

Picture 2: A Bensen-type gyroplane...

Picture 3: ... and as viewed from the tail end.

Picture 4: In the center, in the blue shirt, Mike Grosshans is attempting to get a count of the number of persons in attendance. His technique was to count toes and divide by ten. Even though he counted several times, he kept coming up with an average of 9.3 toes per person. He apparently failed to take into account the results of several accidents involving lawn mowers and one tragic incident involving a rogue weasel.

That first picture is Danny not Dave

Great pics & report Ira ... glad to see our TX rambling rotor-reporter back on the job! :)
Did I see Dean lurking in the background on one of the earlier pics??? ... hope you post too for us "wishing-we-had been-there" folks!
How does a year seem SO long when looking forwards & SO short looking back????

Yep, that's Dean alright.

And just for you, Chris, here's a poster size picture.

Miss seein' ya, kid, and that rascal, Farmer Jim, that you hang around with.

Attachments

• P1010010.jpg
    P1010010.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1
The ultra light belongs to Ron Clifton, a new member in our club. He just got this from Larry Neal, has not flown yet.

Thanks a million for the pics Ira. Unfortunately I got so busy doing so many other things, that I did not get much of a chance to get pictures. Anyone that has any, please email them to me for the newsletter ([email protected]).

I was truly a great fly-in and a great time. As soon as I get a little rest, I'll start looking forward to next years.

Last edited:
Winners of our raffle were:

Larry Swinsin - Icom handheld radio
Jack Kees - 4 burner Brinkman gas grill

Thank you very much to everyone who participated in our raffle, funds raised from the raffle help to support our fly-in.

Another photo...many of the guys flew all day so could not get a photo with everybody. I'd estimate 30 aircraft.

Attachments

• IMG_2745.jpg
    IMG_2745.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1