2013 Anahuac Fly-In

We thank you for giving us such a great logo to use for our fly-in and the fantastic flyers you have made for us the past couple years.

FYI: These shirts will be on sale at the fly-in, $18 each. We will have raffle tickets for sale, $5 each or 5 for $20, for a handheld airband radio and a gas grill (only one prize winner per ticket). Food will be served on site.

Attachments

• Gatorfest Shirt.jpg
    Gatorfest Shirt.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Without Gabor PRA and many of its chapter's would not have flyers, patches, shirts and fun! He is truly my main MAN! Thank you Gabor for all you do... more on accident than most do on purpose.

Maybe next year when I have my Genesis flying I'll make your fly-in Mike its on my bucket list!!! Cannot wait.

Just a few more days, Hope to see you there!

I will have Wi-Fi at the hangar, anyone needing internet service just look me up and I'll give you a passwrd to connect with.

I will post pictures and updates through-out the event so stay tuned.

I was SO sure a year ago.....

I was SO sure a year ago.....

I'd be there FOR SURE this year!! :Cry:

HOW CAN a whole year go by & I'm still in a holding pattern on the ground!!!????? :noidea:

Looking foward to Anahuac 2014! & enjoying the hospitality of Chap 62! :first:

Sure was hopeing you and Jim could make it, hopefully next year. You and Jim are welcome to come and visit at any time though.

Yes this is going to have quite a group of Pilots this year. I will be over tomarrow around 1 or so it will be a great event any one who flys with me gets a free raffle ticket.

Crissy will be over Saturday doing massage.

I just spoke with Casey with Neches Helicopter and he said he plans to fly over from Beaumont. It looks like he will he my instructor for my Exec.

Day one, set up crew.

Attachments

• DSCN0513[1].jpg
    DSCN0513[1].jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN0512[1].jpg
    DSCN0512[1].jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hanger flying

Hanger flying

Just hanging out having a good time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1
Friday, will post pictures of the machines tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSCN0520[1].jpg
    DSCN0520[1].jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN0519[1].jpg
    DSCN0519[1].jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN0514[1].jpg
    DSCN0514[1].jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN0517[1].jpg
    DSCN0517[1].jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1
Hey Des, will you have your MTO there Saturday? I saw you at Hooks last evening. I was there flying HSI's Schwiezer...sweet machine.

I was at the fly in all day today and will be Saturday I hope at 10 am

I just want to say thank to Everyone that came to our flyin. Anyone who did not make it missed a great group of good people having a good time.

A few pictures from the Anahauc 2013 fly-in

A few pictures from the Anahauc 2013 fly-in

Here are a few pictures from the Lone Star chapter's fly-in at Anahuac. I had a wonderful time and the folks at the Lone Star chapter did themselves proud in putting together this event. Events like this help increase the positive awareness of gyroplanes and further advance the sport.

Appearing below, left-to-right:

Antony Thomas and his two-place Air Command. I learned that Tony is a former India Army helicopter pilot. We had a great time exchanging war stories and other lies.

A picture of CFI Desmond Butts' MTO Sport with the intriguing star design on the tail. I talked extensively with Desmond and his son at the fly-in, but discovered when I got back that I didn't have a single picture of them on my camera. Desmond was busier than a stumped-tail beaver giving rides to folks.

CFI Dayton Dabbs and the lovely Michelle with Dayton's Magni M-16. Dayton is a sterling representative of the gyroplane community and he made what, for him, must have been a tremendous sacrifice. To attend the fly-in, he had to forgo the Texas Aggies - Alabama game.

Bobby Martin and his MTO-Sport equipped with a Rotax 914 -- the gyroplane that is, not Bobby. Bobby let me ride in his gyroplane. We flew along the canals and bayous around Lake Anahuac, scaring the alligators and delighting the folks there. From my observation, there must be more airboats per capita in Chambers County, Texas than any other place outside of Florida. Thanks, Bobby, for the thrill!

I'm especially grateful to Mike Grosshans who invited me to the fly-in. He insisted it was something I didn't want to miss, and he was absolutely correct. Mike edits the Southwest Rotorcraft newsletter and does a superb job of it.

I intend to post more pictures just as soon as I have the time. I'm really busy right now helping my dog scratch fleas.

Attachments

• P1010066.jpg
    P1010066.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010057.jpg
    P1010057.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010091.jpg
    P1010091.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010138.jpg
    P1010138.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 1
Pictures from Anahuac fly-in: part deux

Pictures from Anahuac fly-in: part deux

This first picture suggests to me a scene from a British stage field during the Battle of Britain -- if the RAF had fought it with gyroplanes.

The next three pictures are of Chauncy Surry and his gyroplane. Take a close look at the instrument pod. It's half of a mail box. Chauncy explained that it's lightweight and perfectly suitable for the job.

Attachments

• P1010013.jpg
    P1010013.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010049.jpg
    P1010049.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010047.jpg
    P1010047.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010042.jpg
    P1010042.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 1
Pictures from the Anahuac fly-in: part tres

Pictures from the Anahuac fly-in: part tres

More pictures from the Anahuac 2013 fly-in:

Picture 1: Dave Whitten's (I hope I have the name correct) gyroplane. I saw it in the air a lot.

Picture 2: A Bensen-type gyroplane...

Picture 3: ... and as viewed from the tail end.

Picture 4: In the center, in the blue shirt, Mike Grosshans is attempting to get a count of the number of persons in attendance. His technique was to count toes and divide by ten. Even though he counted several times, he kept coming up with an average of 9.3 toes per person. He apparently failed to take into account the results of several accidents involving lawn mowers and one tragic incident involving a rogue weasel.

Attachments

• P1010016.jpg
    P1010016.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010029.jpg
    P1010029.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010033.jpg
    P1010033.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010040.jpg
    P1010040.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 1
Pictures from the Anahuac fly-in: part cuatro

Pictures from the Anahuac fly-in: part cuatro

Yet more pictures from the Anahuac 2013 fly-in:

Picture 1: CFI Desmon Butts prepares for an introductory flight lesson with a back-seat occupant while spectators look on ...

Picture 2: ... including these two gyroplane fans.

Picture 3: CFI Dayton Dabbs helps a potential future gyroplane pilot saddle up ...

Picture 4: ... and he's ready to go.

Attachments

• P1010121.jpg
    P1010121.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010124.jpg
    P1010124.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010127.jpg
    P1010127.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010128.jpg
    P1010128.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 1
Great pics & report Ira ... glad to see our TX rambling rotor-reporter back on the job! :)
Did I see Dean lurking in the background on one of the earlier pics??? ... hope you post too for us "wishing-we-had been-there" folks!
How does a year seem SO long when looking forwards & SO short looking back????