2013 Anahuac Fly-In

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
RAF 2000 w/Horizontal stabilizer, KB3 w/tall tail
Total Flight Time
40+
Please plan to attend, well worth your trip.

Attachments

• Anahuac 2013.jpg
    Anahuac 2013.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 1
September 12, 13, and 14. Friday and Saturday are the big days, we usually get people showing up on Thursday and maybe a little flying so they will be ready to hit the sky's early on Friday. The same with the PPC guys.

Do they still have the Queen air and twin bonanza over there at the airport?

Do they still have the Queen air and twin bonanza over there at the airport?

There are just a very few fixed wings hangared at the airport (there's more gyros, 11, than anything else)

We do see a lot of fixed wing fly-in for the weekend festivities. There is a local festival going on at the same time - http://www.texasgatorfest.com/index.php/

Just a reminder, only four weeks from now.

This is a great little fly in and Gator fest is the same week just down the road. Lots of food and great guys.

Hi Mike it was great to see you at Mentone and wish I could come to Gator fest maybe next year when I'm flying my Genesis!

Only two more weeks away!

Maybe next year John, but we will meet again at KBFF in just a few weeks.

One more week! Hope you can make it.

We have 11 gyros already there with more planning to attend.

Two CFI's have said they would be there so there will be plenty of introductory lessons and a chance to get your endorsement if you need it.

PRA would really like to publish your fly-in in our eZine!!!

Mike could you or someone else setup a sign-in list of attends, take a few pictures, and maybe write just a little about the adventure we are all missing out on and email it to Lisa or me and I will forward it for you?

Pretty Please....

We already do this every year. I send Lisa pictures and my write up (it has to appear in our newsletter first). We made the cover two years in a row.

fly-in

fly-in

Mike, is camping at the airport allowed ?

We already do this every year. I send Lisa pictures and my write up (it has to appear in our newsletter first). We made the cover two years in a row.
You are the man!!! Thank you!

For those not familiar with this airport, this is a fantastic place to fly any kind of aircraft PPC, PPG, Trikes, Gyros, Airplanes. It’s wide open and outside the Mode C veil. Not much traffic. The beach with restaurant and landing strip is nearby. It’s a wonderful place to fly.

Gatorfest is two miles away from the airport and has music, food, airboat rides, carnival rides, concerts…and everything else you see at a good sized carnival. Hope you can make it

www.texasgatorfest.com/index.php/schedule/‎

Schedule. 2013 Texas Gatorfest. Thursday, September 12. 6 pm Gates Open 6 pm–Midnight Food/Drink Booths & Beer Garden 6 pm–Midnight Carnival Rides

This is why we pick this weekend to hold our fly-in. We want to bring the event to the family and this gives everyone something to see and do while at Anahuac. The local PPC group also holds a fly-in here at this time too. In the past we have seen some very unusual and rare fixed wing aircraft stop by for a visit so there is quite a variety of aircraft to see.

Yes, this is a very friendly and supportive airport. In fact, we hold a lease that has 29 years left on it for the property where our three hangars are at. We currently have 11 gyros hangared there so we are the majority at the airport. Most of the traffic we see are people just stopping in to get fuel or an occasional instructor teaching his students how to do grass field take-offs and landings. It's almost like having the airport all to ourselves (Gatorfest weekend can get busy at times though).

Thank you all Chapter 62. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. I will wear it proudly! Have a safe fly in my brothers in TX :)

Last edited: