2013 Anahuac Fly-In

RotorRambler

Pictures from the Anahuac fly-in: part cinco

Pictures from the Anahuac fly-in: part cinco

And still moe pictures:

Picture 1: Bobby Martin gave plenty of rides, including this one. It's a good thing the Beaumont-Port Arthur refineries were close by to produce enough fuel for all the flying that Bobby did.

Picture 2: This vintage Bensen-type came in on a trailer.

Picture 3: The grassy in-field, tarmac, taxiways and runway at the Anahuac airport were bustling with all kinds of aircraft, especially gyroplanes. This is nice, small airport well away from the Houston Class B airspace.

Picture4: These two gyroplanes sit in a hangar awaiting their turn to show off.

Attachments

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
Who owns the ultralight butterfly??????

Texasautogyro

Gyro Master Instructor
Aircraft
AutoGyro MTO Sport/Cessna 172
Total Flight Time
3800 with over 1900 in gyro
More pictures from the Anahuac 2013 fly-in:

Picture 1: Dave Whitten's (I hope I have the name correct) gyroplane. I saw it in the air a lot.

Picture 2: A Bensen-type gyroplane...

Picture 3: ... and as viewed from the tail end.

Picture 4: In the center, in the blue shirt, Mike Grosshans is attempting to get a count of the number of persons in attendance. His technique was to count toes and divide by ten. Even though he counted several times, he kept coming up with an average of 9.3 toes per person. He apparently failed to take into account the results of several accidents involving lawn mowers and one tragic incident involving a rogue weasel.

That first picture is Danny not Dave

RotorRambler

Great pics & report Ira ... glad to see our TX rambling rotor-reporter back on the job! :)
Did I see Dean lurking in the background on one of the earlier pics??? ... hope you post too for us "wishing-we-had been-there" folks!
How does a year seem SO long when looking forwards & SO short looking back????
Yep, that's Dean alright.

And just for you, Chris, here's a poster size picture.

Miss seein' ya, kid, and that rascal, Farmer Jim, that you hang around with.

Attachments

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
RAF 2000 w/Horizontal stabilizer, KB3 w/tall tail
Total Flight Time
40+
The ultra light belongs to Ron Clifton, a new member in our club. He just got this from Larry Neal, has not flown yet.

Thanks a million for the pics Ira. Unfortunately I got so busy doing so many other things, that I did not get much of a chance to get pictures. Anyone that has any, please email them to me for the newsletter ([email protected]).

I was truly a great fly-in and a great time. As soon as I get a little rest, I'll start looking forward to next years.

Last edited:

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
RAF 2000 w/Horizontal stabilizer, KB3 w/tall tail
Total Flight Time
40+
Winners of our raffle were:

Larry Swinsin - Icom handheld radio
Jack Kees - 4 burner Brinkman gas grill

Thank you very much to everyone who participated in our raffle, funds raised from the raffle help to support our fly-in.

cburg

Another photo...many of the guys flew all day so could not get a photo with everybody. I'd estimate 30 aircraft.

Attachments