2012 Anahauc Fly-In

Kevin_Richey

Yamaha gyro...Oregon, USA
Aircraft
Sport Copter gyroplane
Total Flight Time
300+ gyroplane, 11 airplane, 1.5 PPC, AND... a ZILLION hours of flying in my dreams!
I see two gyros that I know in your post, MIke!

I see two gyros that I know in your post, MIke!

I was asked by Steve Weir and Danny Whitten during Mentone if I wanted to fly back from Rochester airport (where we had flown to for a breakfast flight) to Mentone with them. The 2nd and 4th photos in post #32 show them and their machines.

It was a memorable flight for me. Steve recorded in with his helmet cam and posted it on youtube. I watch that video occasionally to relieve that fun flight. It was very hot and humid on the ground, but up in the air in our flying contraptions, the air felt great! I'll remember that flight for many, many years!

jebthereb

AWS CWI
Aircraft
trained in mto sport. Trained in r22
Total Flight Time
9 hrs MTO Sport 13.5 hrs r22
Man I missed how much fun that was last year. I wish I was there. I have been working seven days a week for the last month and this is the first time I have been back on in a while. I can't wait to see the pics? How many new students did Desmon get? How is Chauncy doing with his build?

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
RAF 2000 w/Horizontal stabilizer, KB3 w/tall tail
Total Flight Time
40+
Better than last year. We only increased the gyro presence by 2 but there was storms forecasted and there were at least 4 gyros that cancelled because of the storms. Hoping next year we will hit the 20 mark.
Several of us also caught rides with the PPC guys, that was a blast too.

jchurchman

Aircraft
Ultrawhite/Dominator , Cessna 150G
Total Flight Time
100 + hours on gyro and 250+ hours fixed wing
I would have been one of the ones adding to the gyro count. I had it on the trailer but the weather forecast kept me from bringing it. My daughter and i flew the cessna up on Saturday. Great weather most of the day and My daughter went up for her first gyro ride, thanks Desmon. She also enjoyed a massage and good conversation with Desmon's wife. great event yall.