Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
RAF 2000 w/Horizontal stabilizer, KB3 w/tall tail
Total Flight Time
40+
Bump

Only 10 days away!!!

Order your shirts early before they sell out.

Steve Weir

Dragonfly
Aircraft
Dragonfly and building a Littlewing LW4
Total Flight Time
200 hrs PIC Gyroplane
Fly-in Cross Country

Fly-in Cross Country

Several of us are planning a cross country to the Tiki Beach Bar and Grill at Crystal Beach, TX on Friday around 10 AM during the fly-in. The route we take is 31 nm and at 50 knots would take 37 min without any wind. The "Tiki" has a 1900 foot grass strip and a gas station right across the street. The food is good and the owner is gyro friendly and will let us borrow a gas can if needed to ferry gas.
Anyone interested or needing more info contact me. Hope to see you at our fly-in either way!

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
40+
Got my first ride in a PPC, loved it!

hjajr

Aircraft
gyro,helicopter,fixed wing
Total Flight Time
Looks like a great fly-in. Maybe next year I will have a decent gyro to attend with Mike. I dont think my 447 could keep up for the cross country.
I was wondering if you could tell me the brand and length of the rotors on the tandem air command?

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
40+
The Fly-I is over, I'm pooped so I'll post more pictures tomorrow. The weather forecast was bad and it was supposed to rain with heavy thunderstorms throughout the weekend but we got lucky (or had someone watching over us) and had great weather with the exception of a little rain and got in a lot of flying and so did the PPCs.

I'm sure there are many wondering about the outcome of the raffle, here are the results:
2 Hours Training with Desmon - Breyden Athey
Airband Radio - Dan Carr
Softcomm Headset - Bobby Munroe
Rice Pack and CD (Donated by Crissy) - Chauncey Surry
T-Shirt - Chuck Burgoon
T-Shirt - Dean Dolph
T-Shirt - Allen Dunslad
T-Shirt - Stacy Maness
T-Shirt - Lindsey Jackson
T-Shirt - Bobby Martin

Thanks everyone for supporting our fly-in and helping us make this such a success.

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
Total Flight Time
40+
Looks like a great fly-in. Maybe next year I will have a decent gyro to attend with Mike. I dont think my 447 could keep up for the cross country.
I was wondering if you could tell me the brand and length of the rotors on the tandem air command?
Harry, the Air Command belongs to Thomasant, here onthe forum, he can tell you much more about it than I can.

GyrOZprey

Aussie in Kansas.
Aircraft
Butterfly Aurora N5560Z / Titanium Explorer N456TE & N488TE/ - trained in MTOsport 446QT/488FB
Total Flight Time
Great pics

Great pics

Thanks for sharing - looks like a fun time....... next year ...a couple of KS Butterflies attending!!! :)

Kevin_Richey

Yamaha gyro...Oregon, USA
Aircraft
Sport Copter gyroplane
Total Flight Time
300+ gyroplane, 11 airplane, 1.5 PPC, AND... a ZILLION hours of flying in my dreams!
... Lindsey Jackson...
Lindsey used to be a member of Chapter 73 at Scappoose and lived here in the Portland area! Is he w/ a gyro now there in Texas?

Steve Weir

Dragonfly
Aircraft
Dragonfly and building a Littlewing LW4
Total Flight Time
200 hrs PIC Gyroplane
Kevin, Lindsey said he has a "Lightning" but didn't bring it to the fly-in. The weather forecast just wasn't in our favor this year although we were flying Friday thru Sunday there were periods of thunder storms as the day warmed up. I think everyone had a good time I know I did!