2010 Helicycle For Sale

turbo

stuart fl/ s windsor ct/ virgin gorda bvi
Aircraft
r-44, rv-6, helicycle
Total Flight Time
6,000+
HELICYCLE 2010 • $62,000 • FOR SALE • 180 hours TT Has latest upgrades Great paint and panel 772 349 0609 • Contact Ed K. DArcy, Owner - located Stuart , FL USA • Telephone: 772 349 0609 • Posted February 28, 2015 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad

Attachments

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Waiex/3300 Jab, Phantom UL, Flightstar II UL
Total Flight Time
ALOT
Thats a Jabiru 3300 engine. They have had alot of issues with this engine. Not sure why anyone would want this over a turbine

HobbyCAD

Homebuilt Heli Enthusiast
No Photoshop joke Arnie, it's all done and flying.

Ron, you are correct, the Jabs have been having time to TBO issues. Inefficient cooling leading to temp issues not detected by the incorrectly mounted CHT probes are a large part of it. This installation has damn good forces air cooling. You can clearly see the Porche heritage. It seems to be working well. The guy is happy with the before/after comparative results. It's a good alternative when the stock of turbines run out. Personally, if I had a functional turbine in it, I would keep it. It just adds a nostalgia that reciprocating engines cannot provide.

Apologies Ed for hijacking your thread.

Cheers,

F.

Arnie Madsen

Aircraft
Bell 47 G2
No Photoshop joke Arnie, it's all done and flying.

Ron, you are correct, the Jabs have been having time to TBO issues. Inefficient cooling leading to temp issues not detected by the incorrectly mounted CHT probes are a large part of it. This installation has damn good forces air cooling. You can clearly see the Porche heritage. It seems to be working well. The guy is happy with the before/after comparative results. It's a good alternative when the stock of turbines run out. Personally, if I had a functional turbine in it, I would keep it. It just adds a nostalgia that reciprocating engines cannot provide.

Apologies Ed for hijacking your thread.

Cheers,

F.
hobbycad ... Must be a camera angle distortion because that engine looks huge

TurboEd: Nice Helicycle , Good luck with the sale

turbo

Aircraft
r-44, rv-6, helicycle
Total Flight Time
6,000+
i have taken the HC off the market for now. a lot of tire kickers but no one interested at this time. i have been flying it a lot in case it was sold but didn't happen at this time. may put it back on the market next year.

Last edited:

turbo

Aircraft
r-44, rv-6, helicycle
Total Flight Time
6,000+
last week kim n i were traveling north in the r44. spent about 4 days in the nashville area with friends at there private airport just north of shelbyville co airport. stopped in for a great pancake breakfast on a low ifr day. no problem for the helicopter.

the next day we departed for connecticut. along the way we stopped at big sandy kentucky for fuel. this is where they do the helicycle event now coming up next weekend. got talking to the line guy and it turns out there is picture of my helicycle in the hall way. the builder lives just minutes from the airport. i give bub a call and he comes to the airport for a short visit. what a great guy. i learn a few more details about an awesome machine he built. what a day.

over all it was a great day, about 9 hours door to door. nashville tn to hartford ct. started with clear blue skys, ended with drizzle and low ifr ceilings.

enjoy your summer, turbo out.:p

Monarchist

MTO Sport Owner
Aircraft
MTO Sport, R22/R44, Cirrus SR22-G3 Turbo, Bonanza B35-N (dead engine), Aurora Butterfly
Total Flight Time
Cool! My brother flies with a fellow into Big Sandy in a Huey every year for that event.

Gyro28866

David McCutchen
Aircraft
Benson B7m & B8m, Dominator II; Kolb Mark III Classic
Total Flight Time
750 combined FW & Gyro
If yall coming back through middle Tennessee, give us a shout and we will be happy to help accomadate any way we can
PRA Chapter 16
Dickson, Tn
M02. - mike zero two

Literally, we were right in the middle of this.

johnrk

Aircraft
FW guy trying like ? to get into rotorcraft!
Total Flight Time
300+ (ASEL)
Beautiful aircraft - buying a lotto ticket:)