2 states meet

rgraffeo

Gold Member
Aircraft
RAF 2000 GTX/SE
Total Flight Time
~500
PRA Chapter 20, The Pelican State Rotor Club & PRA Chapter 6, The Mid-South Rotorcraft Club are getting together at Morehouse Memorial Airport (KBQP) in Bastrop, LA on the 19th of September.

Contact info:
Rudy Graffeo 225-715-2918 [email protected]
Bill Wieger 318-640-5656 [email protected]

Walt Backer and I will be there with our gyros. I hope we'll fly in!
Jim

Looking forward to meeting you Jim.
Do you know if Thom Francis will be able to make it?

Last edited:
Looking forward to meeting you Jim.
Do you know if Thom Francis will be able to make it?

I'm sure Thom will be there, though we'll have to wait for him to confirm this.
It will be fun, fun, fun!

Bastrop

Bastrop

Hey, anyone planing the trip to Bastrop? besides Rudy.
I no longer have the Dairyfarm, so I have alot of time and nothing to do.
So I think will try a make it.

Of course!!!I am going Lord willing. and if you dont have the dairy farm, you can plan to spend a weekend uphere and we can hit the local field. You can fly over them cows and say, Man I am glad I dont gotta milk those suckers anymore!

Sharkey,
Glad to see you will be there, so far here are the folks I've talked to
Bill Weiger, Kirk Grover, Gaspard, Ed Burke & of course the Arkansas bunch.

Work allowing, i will be there. Not sure of my schedule yet.

Work allowing, i will be there. Not sure of my schedule yet.

I hope so, although, I know you need to work. I went flying at Pollock by myself this morning. I should have called you.
I was bored so I made a teeter tower bracket out of a piece of scrape aluminum, I check the tracking on my rotors, I took my ASI apart and removed the dead wasp, I got the cleaning supplys out to polish my rotors, but made a new hub bar instead. And put a new 5206 bearing in a friends rotorhead.
Can't wait to go flying with someone.

Last edited:
I think Bill is joining you, I heard from triple nickel today, and he is planning on being there early as well. I hope to get off work as Friday and join you guys.

LA Flyin STARTS FRIDAY

LA Flyin STARTS FRIDAY

Just a reminder: The AR & LA fly in starts tomorrow - at least for a few of us early birds. Packed and ready to travel.
Jim

Rod Called and said he is still planning on heading up tomorrow, Bill and I will be there. Rudy, I repaired the brace for the tent finally!!! I have been trying to do a lot of little things to my Gyro but just can't seem to find anytime lately. I still have to get two new trailer tires and its past midnight.

We had 11 flying gyros attend the Bastrop, LA meet this weekend.

Attachments

• bastrop1.jpg
    bastrop1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 3
  • bastrop2.jpg
    bastrop2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2