1st pakistani homemade ultralight from motorbike engine.

Sindhi681

i am going to make my own ultralight from 4 strock engine will any body tel me? How much long wingspan should be when i have 5hp 4stroke motorcycle egine?

i am going to make my own ultralight from 4 strock engine will any body tel me? How much long wingspan should be when i have 5hp 4stroke motorcycle egine?

I feel you will need at least 45 horsepower to fly.

The optimum rotor diameter will depend on how much your gyroplane weighs.

I feel you will get better answers if you fill out your profile so we know what level to answer questions on.

Regards, Vance

5hp won't get even a hanglider off the ground, never mind a rotorcraft.

You need more power.

I feel you will need at least 45 horsepower to fly.

The optimum rotor diameter will depend on how much your gyroplane weighs.

I feel you will get better answers if you fill out your profile so we know what level to answer questions on.

Regards, Vance
How much propaler can take weight if its engne horspower is 50hp

Hi Sindhi:
You should know that there are Pakistani clubs flying ultralights for decades, making their own trikes, now Apollo trikes as well and I believe they even fly gyroplanes starting this year. So you won't be first. Its been going on there since the 80's. The CAA there has approved light aircraft and instruction in them (at least trikes).
I am actually originally from Sindh but haven't been there for 25 years. If you PM me, I will put you in touch with them.

Hi Sindhi:
You should know that there are Pakistani clubs flying ultralights for decades, making their own trikes, now Apollo trikes as well and I believe they even fly gyroplanes starting this year. So you won't be first. Its been going on there since the 80's. The CAA there has approved light aircraft and instruction in them (at least trikes).
I am actually originally from Sindh but haven't been there for 25 years. If you PM me, I will put you in touch with them.

Sister fara
I hv 4strock engne
Rated Power: 4.2 kw (3000 rpm) Maximum Torque: .6 n.m (5500 rpm)

You mention "wingspan" are you wanting to build a fixed wing ultra-lite or a gyro?

Last edited:

Very very long. 5 HP is not enough to really even fly a 254 lbs empty weight machine easily. Sindh is desert and gets quite hot. You need atleast 30 to 45 hp engine I would say though 25 hp may work.
Motorcycle engines don't make great aircraft engines as a general rule. Try using a Semonini engine or Polini engine.
Also you are at the rotary forum which is specific to rotorcraft (gyroplanes and helicopters). Just FYI.

Sister fara
I hv 4strock engne
Rated Power: 4.2 kw (3000 rpm) Maximum Torque: .6 n.m (5500 rpm)

Haha. Not sister, may be brother :).
My name is Abid Farooqui (Far.A).

Best

You mention "wingspan" are you wanting to build a fixed wing ultra-lite or a gyro?

Dear fix wing which has propalar in fornt nd control by alivartors. Is it posible?
1 thng tel me propalr depnd on speed or on hp?

Haha. Not sister, may be brother :).
My name is Abid Farooqui (Far.A).

Best

Hahahaha. Nice i just cocern u by name as grl
It ws a good incinent

I know its nt a good idea to make frm bike but motorbike engine has high speed rather than a paramotor engne. Only 1 difrance h.p, that make them difrnt.
Motorbike has 5hp
Parmotor has 50hp.
Propaler should depand on speed nt on size or hp of engne.
What u thnk fara

Dear fix wing which has propalar in fornt nd control by alivartors. Is it posible?
1 thng tel me propalr depnd on speed or on hp?

"Also you are at the rotary forum which is specific to rotorcraft (gyroplanes and helicopters). Just FYI."

Hahahaha. Nice i just cocern u by name as grl
It ws a good incinent

I know its nt a good idea to make frm bike but motorbike engine has high speed rather than a paramotor engne. Only 1 difrance h.p, that make them difrnt.
Motorbike has 5hp
Parmotor has 50hp.
Propaler should depand on speed nt on size or hp of engne.
What u thnk fara

Sindhi:
I think you should talk to others in Pakistan who are further ahead than you in terms of aircraft experience. 5 HP is simply not going to work. Not a good chance of that happening at all and with you looking like you are going to be perhaps a new UL pilot, I would definitely get away from that idea. Get yourself a used Rotax 337, 447 or something or a Semonini engine.

There is a 10x difference between 50 HP and 5 HP so I am not sure what you are saying about 1 HP difference. Its more like 45 HP. May be I misunderstood.

I suggest you get hold of Rehan on the number he gave you. He flies a gyroplane. There is also Qazi Ajmal and his family and club in Pakistan who builds and flies his own trikes, flew all across Pakistan recently. Also now flies a cheaper version of Apollo trikes and a MTO gyroplane. I can put you in touch with him. His club is somewhere near Peshawar and his father was building ultralight trikes the same time in the US people were taking risks and putting chainsaw engines of hanggliders before Part 103 came out. So he is a true pioneer of the same time frame as his US counterparts. They make wooden propellers by hand, wings, structures etc. Given the meager resources they have had it is amazing what they have been able to do. In fact I believe they hold altitude record for a trike in Asia in their home made trike from long time ago. Take advantage of that experience. Pakistan is making fighter jets so trust me there are people there who can help you. Its not 1960's anymore.

Best of luck in your project but be smart and don't hurt yourself. Be safe.

Last edited:
Sindhi:
I think you should talk to others in Pakistan who are further ahead than you in terms of aircraft experience. 5 HP is simply not going to work. Not a good chance of that happening at all and with you looking like you are going to be perhaps a new UL pilot, I would definitely get away from that idea. Get yourself a used Rotax 337, 447 or something or a Semonini engine.

There is a 10x difference between 50 HP and 5 HP so I am not sure what you are saying about 1 HP difference. Its more like 45 HP. May be I misunderstood.

I suggest you get hold of Rehan on the number he gave you. He flies a gyroplane. There is also Qazi Ajmal and his family and club in Pakistan who builds and flies his own trikes, flew all across Pakistan recently. Also now flies a cheaper version of Apollo trikes and a MTO gyroplane. I can put you in touch with him. His club is somewhere near Peshawar and his father was building ultralight trikes the same time in the US people were taking risks and putting chainsaw engines of hanggliders before Part 103 came out. So he is a true pioneer of the same time frame as his US counterparts. They make wooden propellers by hand, wings, structures etc. Given the meager resources they have had it is amazing what they have been able to do. In fact I believe they hold altitude record for a trike in Asia in their home made trike from long time ago. Take advantage of that experience. Pakistan is making fighter jets so trust me there are people there who can help you. Its not 1960's anymore.

Best of luck in your project but be smart and don't hurt yourself. Be safe.

MTO is very unsual rather is it safe what u think?
Fara can u give mto pdf files