1st Butterfly Gyro in Brazil

Nice! The Butterfly family is stretching its wings!

The Gyro seems to be the same thing we are used to seeing, but the country he is flying over sure looks green to me. (especially at this time of year) It's alway sgreat to see a new person join the Gyro Family. (and I never get enough of seeing Butterflys)

Hi

Butterfly construction number B 206

The Brazilians publish their aircraft registration data online - that's nice

Modelo:

BUTTERFLY
Número de Série:

B206
Tipo ICAO :

ZZZZ
Tipo de Habilitação para Pilotos:

Classe da Aeronave:

POUSO CONVECIONAL 1 MOTOR CONVENCIONAL
Peso Máximo de Decolagem:

245 - Kg
Número Máximo de Passageiros:

Categoria de Registro:

PRIVADA EXPERIMENTAL

Steve

Congratulations...

It must be one of the best gyroplanes in the country... how cool would that be!

Excuse me but why are you stating that the Butterfly is better then the Brazilian gyros ?
do you think they are not able to produce good quality gyros and need to import some because theirs are not good enough ?
look @ this one
http://www.hummingbirdgyrocopter.com/crbst_7.html
an evidence they make nice machine, sexier then the butterfly if not better
Forgive my unintentional slight.

I forgot that Brazil even made gyroplanes!

I've never heard any review or pilot report regarding if they are CLT or anything else so it was speculation on my part big time!

I have checked out and recommend the entire Butterfly line as being stable gyroplane line. Same with Genesis, Dominator, Sport Copter, and Butterfly.
I would have made the same comment regarding any of those rides, and sorry if I offended anyone.

I have no clue regarding Brazilian gyroplanes. They may all be safe and stable.

The AC4, was, probably the best machine at the time.
Brazilians still not producing a good modern gyro, the Hummingbird is the first attempt of a machine based on Air Command, possibly Butterflyish.
If I have a choice, will pick Dominators and Monarchs as single seaters and for a training machine my vote goes for the Golden Butterfly, the Turbo Golden may be even better, but I don´t know enough about it.
It is true they are flying pure ethanol down here, have seen them in action . . .even one flying while a big crack on the head was gushing fuel . . .security is not the best feature among our peers here.
Problems with the AC4 nowadays: not enough power, fuel thirsty, no horizontal stab.
They fly good with one and I have seen two aboard with good results, for the kind and place.
Lets hope the guys in Rio are inclined to go manufacturers and replicate the Butterfly line down here. I can do very little these days . . .
It is a great country to fly a gyro, open skyes and breathe taking scenery!
Thanks
heron
Butterfly gyros are on the top of world shelf for gyros.

mm Brazil its the bigest country in south america ,El Salvador ,the small ,contry in Central America , we make gyros for two years with success¡¡

Maybe the proximity has something to do with this.
Also, xenophobia is rampant down here nowadays . . .pittyfull!
Heron

Question - Approx how many Butterfly gyros have been delivered - a quick look on the FAA shows maybe 10 currently registered, plus a couple on Australia, New Zealand and the Brazil example too - there may well be others too.

Can anyone advise a more accurate figure please ? Thanks

Steve

Hi Greg - many thanks for that insight.

Cheers

Steve

Wow! Good number . . .soon celebrating the 5.0 mark!
Nice!
I am still trying but with less than zero resources . . .
Heron

Heron, perhaps you can help: where can we find more information (prices) for gyros here in Brazil? There's almost nothing on the internet, at least that I can find.

The closest match I found was the hummingbird, but they don't mention prices <sigh>. I don't want to import anything because the government taxes would be astronomically high. However, they are located in Floripa, and attending their training school would make a great vacation!

Cheers!

AC
I don see any good gyros for sale right now . . .our AC4 is a one man machine so far.
Taxes are zero%, plus ICMS and IPI, gyros are considered utitlitary, falls in the helo class.
Importing from Europe will bring an MTO to 180 thousand, very expensive . . .
Butterfly has a great product, but you can buy something used in the US for 20/30 grand and be happy.
Training always a problem . . .better get some lessons first and then decide on the purchase.
I can bring our Golden down here very cheap today, we already own part of it . . .just need a group for training and having an american CFI come down to pass the aircraft to our instructors (1 week stay will do it)
Hope this helps
Heron
(from the 11 members that bought the Golden, 5 are already back in Brasil) Two in MG . . .all dreaming of flying again)

Last edited: