1975 PRA Flyin in Rockford, Illinois

Thats right Chuck.

Before he left with your gyro he took it around the airport to check it out.

Came back and said the rotor has a little shake so you pushed it up to a telephone pole and wacked it with the blades.

I guess it was alright after that.

The good ol days.

Carl
In an instant I knew what Chuck was doing by what you said. Thank you.

So how did yall come to the conclusion that H stabs were a good thing?

I must have stepped on your toes for you to remember that.

I could have remembered it wrong, but I'll swear it was you and Martin. I took the non-stab side (yours?), naturally.

Coming from the fixed wing world and hearing about the Swedish v/s Bensen story, I asked Igor about the strange location for his HS and was told a gyro doesn't need an HS. He said the item I referred to was a "Stone shield".

Times and people's opinions change.
Tom, I just thought it ironic that having the only Bensen style gyro fitted with anything resembling a proper horizontal stabilizer in the 1975 film (#2 following Ken Brock’s dead stick) someone would imagine that I would argue against such a thing.

But no one’s memory is infallible after 35 years.

I recall Dr. Bensen claiming the rock guard was a horizontal stabliizer.

Tom’s memory appears to be more fallible than most, Dick.

An allegation coming from someone who can’t remember what he had for supper last night.

Gosh after seeing all those gyro's with no horizontal stab , I dont feel my KB3 is a death trap .
That is not a good assumption. What you didn’t see there is all those who died from ppo snd bunt over. I don’t know the statistics but if I had to guess 1 in 3 died because of this and they were self trained. It seemed when I was young we had at least one at every flyin. Please please put a good tail on it and get training.