EGTs are exactly the same for all cylinders. That cannot be.

This is my panel, yesterday evening. M24/914

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-01 a las 11.00.09.pngCaptura de pantalla 2020-12-01 a las 11.02.05.png

I like that setup with the gauges.

All there, easy to see at a glance. Very nice.

Ah, I missed that you were fuel injected.
Do you have the same display in the front seat?

Nice. Is the data collection unit the same for both displays? Dual output?

IM - I thought you were flying a Magni M24? Did you pick up a M16 too?

Nothing like a bit of diversity.

One for sunny top down days.:)

I like the open ones the best. Which do you prefer to fly? I thought all magni's had the 914 engine, but this one looks like 912?

Last edited:
My Magni has the 912 ULS. Cheap but good, and it's not like I'm living in Colorado or anything...

I agree: at 100hp the ULS has pretty much the same power as the 914, except at altitude, or for those 5 mins the 914 is allowed +15%.

I have not flown my M-16 yet. Still working on the instruments, prop, etc. AFAIK Magni makes gyros with 912, 912iS, 914 & 915iS. I don't like carburated engines and I don't like the price of 915iS (also I don't think I need a power of 915 on M-16), so I went with 912iS for M-16.

It's a fine gyro, the M16 with 912. I should have picked up the M16 instead of the ELA that I have now. The construction has a better quality, service is far better, and stick shake is rare. The only thing I don't like of the Magnis is the straight keel, but one gets used to it...

It was a very experienced gyro flyer and CFI (not my CFI) that convinced me to go with the 912 ULS. He had previously owned several machines with the 914. He said "Go with the new 912. I wish I could have all that extra money back" (from buying 914s), after flying one with the 912 ULS.
The 914 costs about 40% (!) more, for a heavier, more complicated setup, with really not much more power except at high altitudes.
Inquiring Mind, why do you prefer fuel-injection to carburetion? The only real benefit I see is the lower fuel burn...

It's a fine gyro, the M16 with 912. I should have picked up the M16 instead of the ELA that I have now. The construction has a better quality, service is far better, and stick shake is rare. The only thing I don't like of the Magnis is the straight keel, but one gets used to it...
That straight keel is, of course, a very deliberate design choice. I don't have very much experience flying bent-keel machines, but I have no problem with the straight keel. And to me it just looks so much more clean, elegant, and even sturdier. :)

I don't like the idea of flying on carburated engine, can't convince myself to trust them. Plus I don't want to to do any work related to maintanance of 2 carburators. And I like the availability of Fuel Flow Data from FADEC of fuel injected engine. Fuel economy of 25-30% is a plus too.
Funny, I'm sort of the opposite... I don't really trust two computers that I don't really understand to keep me flying. As far as fuel economy, it's certainly a plus for range, but I think it would take many, many hours for the dollar savings on fuel to pay for the extra initial investment.

Last edited:
I like the Magni construction too. Similar to the SportCopter.

Inquiring Mind - I had a Cub and Sportcopter, and found I was flying the Sportcopter all the time. I guess you can divide the time with M16 during summer, and M24 during the winter. :) Or maybe the M24 in the morning when its cold, and M16 in the afternoon when its warmer! Very difficult problem so solve. :)

I'm not sure what the big problem is with cold-weather flying; you just have to dress properly... no one complains about all these open cockpit snowmobiles! ;)