I like a bag because it gives me a place to store the line when not on the aircraft.

I find that a strap takes up less room in the bag than rope.

I had a top shop make mine and I believe it was $50.

I keep meaning to improve it and just haven’t gotten around to it.

Yours looks very nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0758.JPG
    IMG_0758.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 30
I always use a small loop of silk rope that I balled up and put in a zipperd pocket.
It was free.

Anyone use two, if only to offer a little more protection to both ends when moving in and around the hanger ??

Anyone use two, if only to offer a little more protection to both ends when moving in and around the hanger ??
When parking an A&S 18A outside, I use three fabric tip end-pockets, with poly ropes, and it helps a great deal in windy conditions. When stationary in the hangar, I don't use those, but put a stand under each blade tip to support them while it sits there, so the blades aren't just drooping from the rotor hub.

My Bell 47 came with an airfoil-shaped felt-lined metal blade cuff that opens at the trailing edge with a quarter turn fastener. It goes on the aft-pointing blade about a foot in from the tip, and has a nylon strap that secures to the tailboom structure. I add a fabric end pocket to the front blade if moving in or out of a low-opening hangar door so that there is no risk of rocking up and hitting something (the Bell is about ten feet high at the hub when on its ground handling wheels, so a rising blade tip could be a problem unless the door is very tall).

I would not use just rope on a composite rotor; a tip-end pocket works nicely.
I think "remove before flight" streamers are unnecessary for this sort of thing – preflight ought to involve giving the rotor a spin check, and, in any case, I can't imagine anyone not noticing it's still on before attempting to fly
For attachment, I just tie a knot...

Abrasion on the blade surface?

Yes, abrasion, particularly at the trailing edge, which is quite sharp and thus especially vulnerable.

I used a tie down cover on Both rotor tips since they would bounce when pulling it into the hanger and didn’t want the tip to hit the top of the hanger door.

make sure you don’t taxi too close to the hanger with the rotors spinning since it makes for an expensive taxi. Seen this happen once and amazing how much damage it can do to a gyro with little damage to the hanger...

I would not use just rope on a composite rotor; a tip-end pocket works nicely.
I think "remove before flight" streamers are unnecessary for this sort of thing – preflight ought to involve giving the rotor a spin check, and, in any case, I can't imagine anyone not noticing it's still on before attempting to fly
For attachment, I just tie a knot...
But ... "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" streamers look so ʻpilotʻ. When I had a cockpit cover made fir my Grumman AA1B lYankeeʻ

Foto3_zps66973f8c.JPGCustomers Switzer 300 swash-plate damage with sailing blades it had been suggested as he left it out they would be a good idea.
Blade pockets would have been cheap