Jazzenjohn

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrobee, My design
Total Flight Time
Paul, I think the BSFC is reported as it is on the engine site. Who knows if that is loaded or only partially loaded. This gyro looks like it would be flown at or near full RPM for most of the flight with a pilot of average weight. The engine site says it can be used with av gas. Maybe a 50-50 mix with av gas and pump gas or rec fuel would be possibilities. There should be plenty of the engines around on trikes and PPG's to see if premium unleaded with 10% ethanol is working out OK.

Jean Claude

Aircraft
I piloted gliders C800, Bijave, C 310, airplanes Piper J3 , PA 28, Jodel D117, DR 220, Cessna 150, C
Total Flight Time
About 500 h (FW + ultra light)
This gyro looks like it would be flown at or near full RPM for most of the flight with a pilot of average weight.
My calculation tells me that the power required in level flight is 24 hp with the maximum weight. Only 2/3 of Pmax.

Jazzenjohn

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrobee, My design
Total Flight Time
Even as light as it is, I have a hard time believing it can keep level flight on only 24 HP. What weight pilot and fuel are you using in the calculation JC?

Last edited:

Jean Claude

Aircraft
I piloted gliders C800, Bijave, C 310, airplanes Piper J3 , PA 28, Jodel D117, DR 220, Cessna 150, C
Total Flight Time
About 500 h (FW + ultra light)
Maximum weight = 440 lbs Empty weight = 220 lbs is the data of FusionCopter

gyrodude

Aircraft
PA-22, J-3 Cub, C-150, 2 hangliders, 8 ultralights, Bensen, Air Command, Dominator
Total Flight Time
No idea
I'd be concerned with the strength of the wheels. Are they metal or some kind of plastic? A side load on landing could make for an expensive repair. Reminds me of the plastic Azusa wheels used back in the eighties.

dinoa

I've had good luck with the Azusa nylon wheels (acually Zytel nylon-glass). Using them on my new single seat build.

Jazzenjohn

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrobee, My design
Total Flight Time
I've had very few problems with my Azusa wheels too. I've used the skinny plastic 16" Skyway Tuff Wheels too with few problems. The look alike bike wheels aren't the same thing. The 12" Tuff Wheels weren't strong enough in my opinion, although I have flown with them.

LPM

Aircraft
JK-2 Nano
Hello,
Yes, I'm absolutely new here and want to say Hello to everybody.
I'm writing here because I think I can tell you something interesting about JK-2 Nano. I participated in its construction.

This gyroplane was designed in accordance with the requirements of Polish regulations "UL115". Thats why there are some restriction.
For example engine... It could be stronger. But there is no engine stronger in this weight. We prepared our strengh structure for more power and more weight but for now we are limited by the regulations. Please check Fusioncopter Facebook for photo. Test were made for 3.5g and 250kg.

True is that Nano empty weight is 100kg. So, you have 100kg for pilot and fuel. Not a lot, that true. But really enough for some fun.

Hydraulic prerotation system can give 220RPM but comfortable is 210RPM. It's take some time to increase from 210 to 220. We get 210RPM in less than a minute.

Id like to invite you to watch some movies with simple editing (only shortening).

Here you can see full take off and landing:
November flight

Here are my 15th fly attempt:
Flight training
I'm not licensed pilot. I'm training to fly with Nano.

Also please check move for inside. You can see there vertical speed, descent etc.
Camera inside.

I hope you found answers to some of your questions.

Jazzenjohn

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrobee, My design
Total Flight Time
In the first video, November flight, what was the pilot weight? It seems like it climbed out pretty well with him on it!

LPM

Aircraft
JK-2 Nano
Jazzenjohn, it was Jacek. He's weight cicra 82 - 85kg (if he is honest;))