Huh, I've got a very inexpensive gyro with no vibration or stick shake. Stick is as calm as sitting on the tarmac in flight.
So why can't these high dollar tubs achieve this even after computer balance and tracking.

gyrojake;n1140990 said:
Huh, I've got a very inexpensive gyro with no vibration or stick shake. Stick is as calm as sitting on the tarmac in flight.
So why can't these high dollar tubs achieve this even after computer balance and tracking.

Can you provide any video representation to add to this post? What do you do to prevent stick shake? Any relevent knowledge you can show would be of great help to the community and this subject matter.
Pictures would be worth a thousand words...video is priceless.

The two videos are obviously two different gyros. (the first one, Calidus, rather than MTO) The first video shows more shake than the second, where the stick shake is almost non existent. The first video shows (after adjustment) about the same amount of stick shake that I get in my AR-1 without having been dynamically balanced with the PB4. I hope to get that done sometime to improve my stick shake.

What was done to the gyro in the second video that resulted in almost no stick shake? Is there a before adjustment video?
George

DarDow101;n1140993 said:
Can you provide any video representation to add to this post? What do you do to prevent stick shake? Any relevent knowledge you can show would be of great help to the community and this subject matter.
Pictures would be worth a thousand words...video is priceless.

Sure, send me a gopro and I'll video it for you.
Nope, My techniques are proprietary, bring your machine and 3,000 dollars and your's can be just as nice.
How do you take a picture of stick shake? !!!!
So, are you A Designated Airworthiness Representative for the FAA or does the DAR stand for something else?
By the way , It's RELEVANT

georgio744;n1140997 said:
The two videos are obviously two different gyros. (the first one, Calidus, rather than MTO) Both gyro's are MTO's according to the comments and replies below the videos.

"The first video shows more shake than the second, where the stick shake is almost non existent. The first video shows (after adjustment) about the same amount of stick shake that I get in my AR-1 without having been dynamically balanced with the PB4. I hope to get that done sometime to improve my stick shake."

What was done to the gyro in the second video that resulted in almost no stick shake? Is there a before adjustment video? Again the comments reveal this quote from the video.

andreautogyro
"Sorry, I'm reading just now your question. I didn't use any particular track and balance, it arrived like this from Germany...but when I made this video it was a very nice and quite day...anyway it's really a beautiful gyrocopter and I am happy for yoy and your new purchase! Good flights John!! "

gyrojake
Sure, send me a gopro and I'll video it for you. Why? Case in point.........Face book page https://www.facebook.com/gyroplanes/videos/1207845685985720/ Seems you have a lot of videos and pictures. Clearly you have the means.

Nope, My techniques are proprietary, bring your machine and 3,000 dollars and your's can be just as nice. I do not have a gyro just yet but plan too.

How do you take a picture of stick shake? !!! ummm, I would use a video camera so this question seems out of place.

So, are you A Designated Airworthiness Representative for the FAA or does the DAR stand for something else? No DAR, it is part of the name used here to ID my posts.

By the way , It's RELEVANT IF you say so.
Could you provide any examples like in this post? "Huh, I've got a very inexpensive gyro with no vibration or stick shake. Stick is as calm as sitting on the tarmac in flight.
So why can't these high dollar tubs achieve this even after computer balance and tracking." The second video clearly shows minimal stick shake.

These video's were posted to start a discussion on rotor balancing and potential ways to minimize stick shake. The video's are examples of this from youtube and other online sites.

DarDow101;n1141010 said:
georgio744;n1140997 said:
The two videos are obviously two different gyros. (the first one, Calidus, rather than MTO) Both gyro's are MTO's according to the comments and replies below the videos.

"The first video shows more shake than the second, where the stick shake is almost non existent. The first video shows (after adjustment) about the same amount of stick shake that I get in my AR-1 without having been dynamically balanced with the PB4. I hope to get that done sometime to improve my stick shake."

What was done to the gyro in the second video that resulted in almost no stick shake? Is there a before adjustment video? Again the comments reveal this quote from the video.

andreautogyro
"Sorry, I'm reading just now your question. I didn't use any particular track and balance, it arrived like this from Germany...but when I made this video it was a very nice and quite day...anyway it's really a beautiful gyrocopter and I am happy for yoy and your new purchase! Good flights John!! "

gyrojake
Sure, send me a gopro and I'll video it for you. Why? Case in point.........Face book page https://www.facebook.com/gyroplanes/videos/1207845685985720/ Seems you have a lot of videos and pictures. Clearly you have the means.

Nope, My techniques are proprietary, bring your machine and 3,000 dollars and your's can be just as nice. I do not have a gyro just yet but plan too.

How do you take a picture of stick shake? !!! ummm, I would use a video camera so this question seems out of place.

So, are you A Designated Airworthiness Representative for the FAA or does the DAR stand for something else? No DAR, it is part of the name used here to ID my posts.

By the way , It's RELEVANT IF you say so.
Could you provide any examples like in this post? "Huh, I've got a very inexpensive gyro with no vibration or stick shake. Stick is as calm as sitting on the tarmac in flight.
So why can't these high dollar tubs achieve this even after computer balance and tracking." The second video clearly shows minimal stick shake.

These video's were posted to start a discussion on rotor balancing and potential ways to minimize stick shake. The video's are examples of this from youtube and other online sites.

You said a picture says a thousand words.
I do not own a camera that I can video safely in fight.
So, send me a GoPro and I'll post the vid.

gyrojake;n1141011 said:
DarDow101;n1141010 said:
You said a picture says a thousand words. To go with the complete sentence - "Pictures would be worth a thousand words...video is priceless."
I do not own a camera that I can video safely in fight.
So, send me a GoPro and I'll post the vid.
I would leave that up to you.....not in my budget program, sorry. However when you can get a proper video device would luv to see your results first hand.

DarDow101;n1141014 said:
gyrojake;n1141011 said:
I would leave that up to you.....not in my budget program, sorry. However when you can get a proper video device would luv to see your results first hand.

I'll do not need the camera, I fly to pleasure myself and feel it is a personal experience.
If you notice Gyrojakes pages pictures were taken by others on the ground, while I was in flight, the only pics and vids I take are on the ground.
Picture was still in the quote.
I don't know why you remind me of an acquaintance.
He would also answer a quote within the quote.
What's really coincidental is his name ( forgive me if I spell this wrong)
I won't spell the whole last name
DARen mcDOW also known as Wolverine and a few other handles on this forum.

gyrojake replied
I'll do not need the camera, I fly to pleasure myself and feel it is a personal experience.
If you notice Gyrojakes pages pictures were taken by others on the ground, while I was in flight, the only pics and vids I take are on the ground.
Picture was still in the quote.
I don't know why you remind me of an acquaintance.
He would also answer a quote within the quote.
What's really coincidental is his name ( forgive me if I spell this wrong)
I won't spell the whole last name
DARen mcDOW also known as Wolverine and a few other handles on this forum.

OK. It is as you say then that's that. Don't know who these ppl are either. I have never seen the Wolverine person here but there is a guy mcwolverine on FB.
Derick Dowd is my real name. Google me and I am sure you can find something. Well have a good flight, sure wish you could share your personal experience and
knowledge about stick shake. Hopefully someone with a Go pro or whatever kind of camera / video device they have can help continue my understanding of what seems
to be a common if not critical tuning tips needed for a smooth gyro flight envelop.

Like many things posted on the internet, the first video is misleading. It’s misleading for two reasons,;
  1. because it is shown out of context
And
  1. because it tries to relate two unrelated things.
The guy with the blue shirt on this video is me so I know exactly what happened and it was a Calidus.
  1. The Context.
    It was impossible to finish tracking and balancing this rotor because AutoGyro do not supply, with the gyro, the shims necessary to complete the balancing. Therefore showing this as an example of a rotor ”Tracked and balanced with a PB4” (or any balancer) is simply untrue, it was partially tracked and balanced only.
  2. Unrelated things
    The stick shake on this video has nothing to do with the rotor track and balance, the two are unrelated.
Jake I shall be in Florida at the end of January, I'd like to put my balancer on your gyro to measure how little vibration there is. The results would be yours to do what you like with, I wouldn't publish them.

Mike G

Mike G;n1141024 said:
Like many things posted on the internet, the first video is misleading. It’s misleading for two reasons,;
  1. because it is shown out of context
And
  1. because it tries to relate two unrelated things.
The guy with the blue shirt on this video is me so I know exactly what happened and it was a Calidus.
  1. The Context.
    It was impossible to finish tracking and balancing this rotor because AutoGyro do not supply, with the gyro, the shims necessary to complete the balancing. Therefore showing this as an example of a rotor ”Tracked and balanced with a PB4” (or any balancer) is simply untrue, it was partially tracked and balanced only.
  2. Unrelated things
    The stick shake on this video has nothing to do with the rotor track and balance, the two are unrelated.
Jake I shall be in Florida at the end of January, I'd like to put my balancer on your gyro to measure how little vibration there is. The results would be yours to do what you like with, I wouldn't publish them.

Mike G

Sure Mike, your more than welcome. They could be published since this will give people the fact that a gyro doesn't have to cost a lot to be smooth.

Thank You Mike G. for clarifying the video's.
You seem to be the go to guy these days for rotor balancing.
Sure hope to attend one of your seminar training sessions in the near future.
I am particularly interested in this subject.

DarDow101;n1141033 said:
Thank You Mike G. for clarifying the video's.
You seem to be the go to guy these days for rotor balancing.
Sure hope to attend one of your seminar training sessions in the near future.
I am particularly interested in this subject.

Mike is giving a course/training session at the end of Jan. Jan 28, 29, 30 in Zephyrhills, FL at SilverLight Aviation. If interested in attending please contact me at [email protected]