Selling or Parting out my CLT Air Command N90135

cwakamatsu

Air Command 582
Aircraft
Air Command 582 w/CLT
Total Flight Time
Last December, 2016, my 582 seized and I had to make an unscheduled landing in a plowed field. Unfortunately, I flared a bit too soon and landed a bit too hard on the rear keel wheel which caused the rear keel to bend/split at the support tube assembly joint, and allow the rotors to touch dirt. I have been trying to decide what to do... Rebuild, or part it out. After much thought, I have decided to sell it as is, or part it out and get into PPC's. Here is what I have if anyone is interested:

- Seized Gray head 582 (with exhaust system, carbs, duel ignition, would like to get $750).
- C gearbox with RK400 clutch (would like to get $1,500).
- Sportcopter rotor head (2015 gold, would like to get $1,500).
- Sportcopter folding mast kit (2014 gold, would like to get $250).
- Wunderlich pre-rotator system (would like to get $100).
- Aluminum radiator with all the hoses and such (would like to get $100).
- Air Command rudder and horizontal stabs with keel mount (damage free, would like to get $500, gold color)
- The entire front end (undamaged from the nose gear back until the mast) to include: Pod (cut short like a dominator painted gold), tires & wheels & black max brakes, rudder peddles and steering linkage (all attached and undamaged), joy stick/yoke, Strobes, 10 Gal seat tank with seat cover, windshield, and more (would like to get $2,500).

I prefer and will give priority to the entire gyro be kept intact and sold all together as is. If so, I would be willing to let it all go for $4,500, except that I will be keeping my MGL radio and EFIS and RDAC (so the instrument panel has these cut outs), and my 68" Warp Drive hub and props. I have all of the build manuals, including the CLT kit build manual that will go with it.

What would be needed to get the air frame fixed up? A new mast (redundant, about $100), rear keel (about $60), main gear axle and several rear frame tubes (about $30).

If you would like to see my build website for this Air Command N90135, prior to my engine out, go to: www.wakamatsu.ws I can be contacted via email: [email protected]

Very sorry to hear this ... Charlie

Me too, however, I've always wanted to get into a 2 place, but just can't get myself to sink $50K+ into a Gyro. So, going PPC I can afford my 2 place dream!

Hi Charlie - sorry about what happened to you and your gyro.
I would like to buy your Wunderlich prerotator including the ringgear and the driver on the gearbox.
As a unit to bolt directly on my 'bee. I have an old 503 (never run, with 2.58 gearing), and I'm starting building a Gyrobee.
Recently I went to Stockholm in Sweden to buy the needed aluminum.

My plan is to build an electric prerotator, but it would be easier to buy yours and then have full
freedom to build my own design while I'll be able to fly.

Cheers
Erik
(in Denmark, Scandinavia, Europe)

Last edited:
Hi Charlie
I would be interested in the sportcopter folding mast kit for sure, did the gear box take prop strike ?and what ratio , I would have to see the frame
let me know

thanks craig
816-726-4826

Looks like my Gyro will be parted out.

The C Gearbox with RK400 clutch is now gone to Rick Martin.

rcflier, I have a Wunderlick shaft and a lower unit that I can sell, however the upper unit, and the ring gear is not part of this as it is part of the Sportcoptor rotor head... Are you in Denmark?

Rotorhead, let me know if you still want the folding mast kit.

[email protected]
801-400-7145