Extra Rotorcraft June & July Magazine

dapartlow

Aircraft
Sparrow Hark, Air Command
Total Flight Time
5 hrs. Dual
I got my June-July Magazine today, not one but two so I will mail (for free) the extra to the first non- PRA member who e-mails me their address. no catch , read, enjoy and then think about joining. Free postage no cost to you

Sweet deal! I am a PRA member and haven't gotten mine yet!

Yeah...I got my second copy yesterday. Received the first copy on Wed.

What's up?! :confused:

Cheers :)

Harry, I got one by bulk mail and one first class. My extra is GONE

Yep. looks like those of us who signed up for first class also got a bulk rate one. We should take this like Dave did and pass on the extra copies.

Tim, I did have more than one e-mail so maybe they could e-mail you for yours. The postage is not that much.

The extra copies being sent are costing the PRA! I just emailed Rick Gilley to let him know that he has a problem. We all need to keep our address info updated with Pam at Mentone. However, this problem sounds more like a database problem than bad info.

I was told that most of our mailing problems are because of bad address info. When a magazine can't be delivered the post office tears off the cover and sends the rest of the issue back to the PRA. So, it costs the organization in original mailing costs, the cost of one unusuable issue and then the cost of a replacement issue and the cost of mailing the replacement. Since the organization is struggling financially, we can all do our part to help minimize costs by helping keep our info current.

Dean, My info is current, if I get sent an extra one I am sure it's a data base problem. I could have just kept it or pay the postage and send it to a non-member to share the magazine. I chose to share, I pay extra for mailing and as a member I will eat the cost if I am billed for the extra one. We all know it cost US if errors are made. but getting out the word must worth the cost.

The magazine problem is not a database problem. It is a problem with the printer sending out bulk issues and forgetting about first class issues. When they remember, to send it out correctly that is when you are receiving double issues. Please continue to send the extra copies on to other non-members and maybe they will join PRA.

Thank you

So the first-class upgrade gets me an extra issue! That is cool. I very much like having the extra issue. Having an extra of each will allow me to pass them out at the pilot lounges and keep a copy in the gyro's cargo bag.

Pam, thanks for the info. I was not trying cause any problems just taking advantage of a error and making somthing good out of it.

PRA said:
The magazine problem is not a database problem. It is a problem with the printer sending out bulk issues and forgetting about first class issues. When they remember, to send it out correctly that is when you are receiving double issues.
Thank you
Pam, is the printer charging the PRA for those copies? I would hope not since it sounds like it is their mistake.